WoF Records

Hey Rayne!

Has any other team other than Wales won 2 of their 3 group matches, and still not progressed through to the next round?

Hey Rayne!

Has any other team other than Wales won 2 of their 3 group matches, and still not progressed through to the next round?

Austria in 2007
Poland 2007
Portugal 2008
USA 2008 (techically correct since USA was 2-1 in Stage 4, but failed to move on the SemiFinals)

Safara got me thinking... what about the teams that had a 1-2 record, but did advance...?

Cuba 2008
Germany 2007

No team has gone 0-3 and still advanced.
No team has gone 3-0 and not advanced.

Gotta love statistics :yay:

I wonder if anyone are gonna beat Swedens record of 91 globals in one match :) thats a global every 2 minuts during 3 hours:wtg:

Another installment of statistics... this show the average points scored in the 2008 WoF. I used the average to allow for those teams that only played 3 matches to be weighed against those that went to the Finals (8 matches).

average_points_per_match.jpg

WoF 2008 Points Breakdown

Thanks for the kind word and +reps...

This next installment is rather interesting. This chart shows the points scored in each match and who scored them, either main or support.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Take a peek and you will see a few instances when the support team scored more than the main team (happened 3 times for England). In some cases, that carried the match and led to a win. For those that think support is not so important, this should change your mind :thumbup:

Take a look at Sweden Stage 4.2. Main scored 192 and Support scored 323!! That, my friends, is a record :thumbup:

Something to keep in mind when viewing this... the scores you see in the table are not the final scores for those matchs. Variety, high loot, and win bonus were applied after those totals were taken in.

Strength of Schedule

Greetings,

Some of you might have been wondering if a particular team had it easy or hard during the WoF 2008 based on who they played against. Did it really matter which Group a team was in? Perhaps these charts can shed a little light on that:

This shows the strength of schedule based on the final won-loss records of the opponents.
2008_strength_of_schedule_by_record.jpg

Looks like Cuba had the toughest schedule.

This shows the strength of schedule based on the total points scoed by the opponents.
2008_strength_of_schedule_by_points.jpg

Well lookie there.... Cuba again got the toughest competition. Hmmm... how did your team stack up? Was it as hard a fight as you thought... or was it easier than you thought?

Another installment of statistics... this show the average points scored in the 2008 WoF. I used the average to allow for those teams that only played 3 matches to be weighed against those that went to the Finals (8 matches).

average_points_per_match.jpg

Outside of 2008's 6 seeded teams, Scotland got the most. :) Now that's something I plan to boast about for sure. :D

flowing juices

Oh man this thread is statisticians wet dream!

I've just been reading through it again and wanted to give it a bump, now that we are drawing closer to the qualifiers 'n' all that...get them juices flowing... that sort of thing.

Once again, excellent stuff dude! :)

No, there were in fact 3 simultaneous globals. You can find the screenie on this forum, it was linked at least 2 times: once in the WoF post-your-globals thread and once in a thread started by Neverdie about Entropia (not only WoF records). If you look at the screenie you can clearly see the three globals occurring, with the loot lists mixed up and the global messages in between.

Take care,
BBB

Well... I just researched in the 2007 Globals thread... I found the post for Italy's round and all I could find were globals at:
17:53:20
18:04:08
18:04:33

Still pretty damn close I would say...

I apologise, I hit edit instead of Quote, but here's my reply:)

As far as I can remember without sifting through the threads; Italy got 3 in a row in BOTH tournaments, to the extent that this is now known as "doing an Italy". Can't confirm how close together but at least one triple was consecutive in the chat window.

Similarly, Going out with no support and doing well is called "doing a Sweden", getting a global in the first or last few seconds is "doing an Ireland", while sticking to the highest-scoring Mob on the Moblist is "doing a Romania". Scoring 0 in a match is what wins the WoF Wooden Grenade graphic in your team thread and is also sometimes called "Doing a Zimbabwe":) Others include running from the Start Point (Poland) and winning a match despite only one active team member (Serbia).

Hurrikane

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there were in fact 3 simultaneous globals. You can find the screenie on this forum, it was linked at least 2 times: once in the WoF post-your-globals thread and once in a thread started by Neverdie about Entropia (not only WoF records). If you look at the screenie you can clearly see the three globals occurring, with the loot lists mixed up and the global messages in between.

Take care,
BBB

You are correct, Sir... and I finally found it :thumbup:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/742504-post140.html

The 4th picture shows it... a remarkable achievement indeed.

I apologise, I hit edit instead of Quote, but here's my reply:)

As far as I can remember without sifting through the threads; Italy got 3 in a row in BOTH tournaments, to the extent that this is now known as "doing an Italy". Can't confirm how close together but at least one triple was consecutive in the chat window.

Similarly, Going out with no support and doing well is called "doing a Sweden", getting a global in the first or last few seconds is "doing an Ireland", while sticking to the highest-scoring Mob on the Moblist is "doing a Romania". Scoring 0 in a match is what wins the WoF Wooden Grenade graphic in your team thread and is also sometimes called "Doing a Zimbabwe":) Others include running from the Start Point (Poland) and winning a match despite only one active team member (Serbia).

Hurrikane

So, where is the 10K+ loot is called doing a Denmark :D

The screenshots below are of a shreadsheet I did while bored a while back, detailing who appeared for which country against which opponent at the 2007 WoF.

The information was gathered from mandatory global screenshots that showed teamlists.

I hadn't posted this before now as I didn't see where it would go, but perhaps now it would be of use to someone.

(Netherlands, Eudoria and Portugal)

(Denmark, Sweden & Poland)

(Scotland, Wales, Serbia & France)

(Amethera, Romania & South Africa)

(England, Estonia & Ireland)

(United States, Canada & Greece)

(Australia, Italy & Austria)

(Belgium & Germany)

Last edited:
Records are made to be broken, and one was broken today.

Australia has the record for largest margin of victory in a match:

Australia 496 - China 27

Margin of victory was 469 points :eek:

Gratz to Team Aussie :thumbup:

Reactions: Ozi
Thanks for the gratz Rayne :) I guess we just keep getting lucky ;)

Can you tell us what score we need to break the stage all time score. I think you said post match it was around 550 to beat the record held by team Euroria.

Thanks for the gratz Rayne :) I guess we just keep getting lucky ;)

Can you tell us what score we need to break the stage all time score. I think you said post match it was around 550 to beat the record held by team Euroria.

The current record for most points in a Stage is held by Tibet: 1510 Points in Stage 4, 2008. At the moment, Australia has 953 points in 3.1 and 3.2 combined. You need a score of 558 points vs. Poland in 3.3 to take the record and have 1511 points.

Don't thank me - I thank you guys! With the teams the WoF would not be much of anything :laugh: We enjoy watching it and I am thrilled when records are challenged.

Another records falls!!! Gratz to Portugal :thumbup:

Highest Loot, Single Match
10,649, Portugal (Stage 3 Round 2 2009)

Records continue to fall in WoF 2009! I had to get this one in ASAP :thumbup:

** HONORABLE MENTION: 24478, Sweden Support (Stage 4 Round 1 2009**
(This was looted by a single avatar, Larethania)

Please visit the HoF thread here and give him a big gratz!

Records continue to fall in WoF 2009! I had to get this one in ASAP :thumbup:

** HONORABLE MENTION: 24478, Sweden Support (Stage 4 Round 1 2009**
(This was looted by a single avatar, Larethania)

If I'm not mistaken, this breaks the record of Portugal which also occurred during this WoF Season.

Big Gratz to Sweden and Larethania for this one :wtg: :)

If I'm not mistaken, this breaks the record of Portugal which also occurred during this WoF Season.

Big Gratz to Sweden and Larethania for this one :wtg: :)

Technically, loot is tracked for Main Team only since it factors into point awarded. The record for Portugal will remain the official record, but I simply had to mention that uber loot.

Another records falls!!! Gratz to Australia :thumbup:

Most Points, Single Match, One Team
629, Australia (Stage 4 Round 2 2009)

Two records were broken today:

Most Points, Stage
1572, Australia (Stage 4 2009)

Most Loot, Stage
13399, USA (Stage 4 2009)

Gratz!!

I think USA tied win streak also if not close to it. I don't have the data to quote if USA did or not.

I think USA tied win streak also if not close to it. I don't have the data to quote if USA did or not.

They did tie the record for winning streak... see Team USA Thread. If they break it, those details will be posted here. :thumbup:

They did tie the record for winning streak... see Team USA Thread. If they break it, those details will be posted here. :thumbup:

They did? Weren't we on 8?

Or USA won their last few matches last year despite not getting through the group?

'Tis true, Jimmy. USA won the last 2 matches in 2008, but did not advance to the Semis. Those 2 wins, along with a 6-0 record in 2009... well yeah.

A win in the Semis and the record goes back to USA.

New Records!!

The following records were set yesterday during the 2009 SemiFinals:

Longest Winning Streak
9, USA, from Stage 4 Round 2 2008 thru Stage 5 2009

32,669 PED, France (Stage 5 2009)

There will obviously be more records posted once all scores are 100% verified.

Back