FYI: WoF 2011 Schedule & Poll... Vote Now!

Tell me what you agree with and what you don't.... multiple answers encouraged.

• 2010 was the best WoF yet, more of the same please.

Votes: 43 28.9%
  • I want Proteron involved next year.

• I want less travelling in the Semi's.

Votes: 36 24.2%
  • I want Rocktropia in the Semi's.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • I want more ways to score.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • I like the Qualifier set-up of 'Mob Round, Robot Round' used in 2010.

Votes: 53 35.6%
  • TI/Deathifier for Stage 4 every year!

• I want a dedicated WoF website to be set-up, and in-game ads.

Votes: 51 34.2%
  • I'd like the Rules made clearer.

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • I think there should be a permanent trophy in-game with the Winning Teams on it.

Votes: 72 48.3%
  • I'd like PvP mobs back on the lists.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • The occasional FPC adjusted spawn (Bug Swarm, Sabakuma Creepers etc) is ok.

Votes: 72 48.3%
  • I miss the event Robots (Big Bulk, Warlocks, Defenders etc).

Votes: 44 29.5%
  • Semi Final on May 7th please.

Votes: 13 8.7%
  • Semi Final on May 14th please.

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Semi Final on May 21st please.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • Final on June 4th please.

Votes: 24 16.1%
  • Final on June 11th please.

Votes: 22 14.8%
  • I have issues that unless changed will stop me attending (Please post to elaborate)

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • I wish someone would tell me wtf this is about.....

Votes: 36 24.2%

• Total voters

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
(From the original thread by Hurrikane...)

Hi, as promised here's a whole load of info that tells you all there is to know about next year's WoF... the fifth in a proud line:)

Here's the schedule as it stands. Feel free to comment on any dates you feel could be changed for the better, or preferences for the "to be decided" dates; now is the time:)

Wof 2011 calendar proposal

Qualifiers:

A: Jan 15th/16th
B: Jan 22nd/23rd (Consecutive weekends)

One week break

Group Stages:

Stage 3
Round 1: Feb 5th/6th
Round 2: Feb 19th/20th
Round 3: March 5th/6th (1 free weekend between each)

2 week break

Stage 4
Round 1: March 26th/27th
Round 2: April 9th/10th
Round 3: April 23rd/24th (1 free weekend between each)

Stage 5: Semi-Finals

May 7th ,14th or 21st (to be decided)

Stage 6: 3-way Final

June 4th or June 11th (to be decided)

Changes:

In WoF 2010 there were 5 qualifying matches (and therefore no Group matches in Stage 3) because of less teams taking part. Due to re-structuring of the qualifying system, this time around the Group Stages will be the traditional Stage 3 and 4, however many teams take part; 12 will still progress to Stage 4.

The WoF GloryBoard will be introduced soon, before the tournament: this will detail the all-time rankings of each participating nation, gained from points won in WoFs so far. A number of different factors go to making up each team's status, giving everyone a chance of glory.

Friendlies/Exhibition Matches.
As promised there will be a limited schedule of friendlies and exhibition matches on the run-up to WoF 2011. The first of these will be the WoF Calypso Cup (WoFCC), a local derby which is open to teams representing Eudoria and Amethera ONLY. More news of this to come, it's expected to happen in October.

Other Matches planned are:
The WoF Masters: A mini tournament featuring shorter matches open to any WoF teams to have reached the Final/Semi Final. Scheduled for October/November
The WoF Backbone: A mini tournament featuring shorter matches open to all those teams who have never progressed beyond Stage 4. Scheduled for October/November

Points towards overall standings may be won during these matches. Details to come.

Teams are encouraged to keep together, refine their squads and get ready..... there's a whole lot of WoFFin' ahead:)

Please answer the Poll if you intend to be involved next year.... could make all the difference:)

(The Poll is mostly concerned with the event proper)

Thanks for your time,

Hurrikane

P.S. To all those 2010 winners waiting on an award ceremony; So am I:) Will let you know as soon as there's news.

I'd like the qualifiers to be a bit shorter next year, in terms of number of matches.

I'd like the qualifiers to be a bit shorter next year, in terms of number of matches.

Just to clarify... the 2010 Qualifiers were 5 matches only because 23 team entered, not 24 or more. What usually happens is this:

All team entered do 2 qualifiing hunts. The top 24 teams (combined scores from both hunts) qualify. Since there were only 23, this was not possible.

In the future, we absolutely plan on 2 qualifying hunts prior to Stage 3.

I have issues that unless changed will stop me attending

After many years doing WOF i will not do the next one. LOOT JUST SUCKS more than usual.

At least for me.

no fix for this, i know.

I have issues that unless changed will stop me attending

After many years doing WOF i will not do the next one. LOOT JUST SUCKS more than usual.

At least for me.

no fix for this, i know.

Well... there may be a fix. Some mobs are historically better looters. No secret which those are... Hurrikane is listening ;)

I voted for 'issues' - as I posted elsewhere, I think WoF could do with a year off, and I know that I could.

WOF 2010 still the best yet. Keep up the support mobs and always have decent ones. Made a huge difference this year in helping to keep recruits this year.

As I've mentioned in many other threads:
1) I think that there should be front page stories (wrap ups) after each round on various forums. All the work Rayne Jade does could certainly be utilized in the stories. This helps to keep the enthusiasm up as well as help to get more ppl involved. I think this would be more successful than a separate forum or even in game ads.

2) I do not and will never understand the reasoning behind the prize ceremony not being able to be done quickly year after year. It's known when the finals are and it can pretty much be ready to go in advance. There needs to be better coordination on this matter. MA and FPC made a TON of peds from this event and the least they could do is reward the participants in a timely manner. 1.5 months and counting is way to long. They took almost this long last year, 1 month 1 week I think. The excitement etc of the whole thing has now passed and there's a lot of missed opportunities for community building and promotions. It won't keep me from competing again but I almost voted that in the poll due to it. I do hope that the prizes keep going up since so much is being made by them on the event. I also hope they take good care of Hurrikane and Rayne Jade for all the hard work they do to pull off this event. It's a lot of work and the ones rewarded the most are MA / FPC.

for me WoF is a recurring event to measure my progress during the last year. Once is enough, so any spin-off or other mini-versions I'll pass on. Only the real thing matters :cool: and I blast my savings away once a year on it.

And no Rocktropia mobs please since I will not be seen there, and I know many others don't want to go to that place either. CND is pushing the limit already but if Benelux gets into the finals next year I'll get over it somehow :rolleyes:. Rocktropia is a no-go zone.

/Slupor

As I've mentioned in many other threads:
1) I think that there should be front page stories (wrap ups) after each round on various forums. All the work Rayne Jade does could certainly be utilized in the stories. This helps to keep the enthusiasm up as well as help to get more ppl involved. I think this would be more successful than a separate forum or even in game ads.

I would like that as well... but I will be perfectly honest: After being ingame judging for 18 hours (5 3-hour time slots) the last thing I want to do is a wrap up news story. I would like it to happen, but it is all I can do to get the stats updated and published. Someone else would need to step up. Sorry...

2) I do not and will never understand the reasoning behind the prize ceremony not being able to be done quickly year after year. It's known when the finals are and it can pretty much be ready to go in advance. There needs to be better coordination on this matter. MA and FPC made a TON of peds from this event and the least they could do is reward the participants in a timely manner. 1.5 months and counting is way to long. They took almost this long last year, 1 month 1 week I think. The excitement etc of the whole thing has now passed and there's a lot of missed opportunities for community building and promotions. It won't keep me from competing again but I almost voted that in the poll due to it. I do hope that the prizes keep going up since so much is being made by them on the event. I also hope they take good care of Hurrikane and Rayne Jade for all the hard work they do to pull off this event. It's a lot of work and the ones rewarded the most are MA / FPC.

:D A ModMerc + A204 would be great, I think :laugh: I promise I will not sell it.

Hurrikane and I do a lot, yes. But there are others. Hurrikane was able to compensate us this year with a surprise, and it was appreciated. I like your idea not just for myself, but it may draw others to volunteer to Judge and assist in other ways as well. Bring the community into it so to speak.

Thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

More comments, please. We want to hear from all the teams.

We should probably start WoF next week. Maybe that way the awards will be handed out ~ 2 years from then.

I would like that as well... but I will be perfectly honest: After being ingame judging for 18 hours (5 3-hour time slots) the last thing I want to do is a wrap up news story. I would like it to happen, but it is all I can do to get the stats updated and published. Someone else would need to step up. Sorry...

Umm chants.... Coop.. Coop... COOOOOOOOP!!! just ASK her :)

I have a feeling she'll gladly accept!!!

Umm chants.... Coop.. Coop... COOOOOOOOP!!! just ASK her :)

I have a feeling she'll gladly accept!!!

Fair enough lol. Coop - would you be the WoF Reporter? (Hurrikane will make the decision, no offense. Mainly just curious if you are interested and willing)

Posted via Mobile Device

Fair enough lol. Coop - would you be the WoF Reporter? (Hurrikane will make the decision, no offense. Mainly just curious if you are interested and willing)

Posted via Mobile Device

Just seconding the notion that Coop's write-ups for team USA were AWESOME last year!

Just like to add if anyone, including the illustrious Coop, wishes to be WoF Reporter (or even Head of the WoF Press Office if a grander title is your thing) then just post and ask; the job shall be yours.

All that is asked of you is:
Commitment & Readiness. This involves an article for each stage and a replacement if you have to bail, and an ability to keep up with the WoF's schedule. Creative flair a distinct plus.

We do need this, I tried a bit myself but it needs a proper commentary/breakdown of each weekend really, by someone with the time to do it.

:)

Hurrikane

Im just happy that the final is moved a little bit earlier next year.
We had very hard times to get a full team 2010. So both alternatives is very good.

i think the whole structure and format of Wof needs to be reviewed, with an aim to shorten it. 6 months is just too long. even being involved, my interested wained midway through. the whole easter period turns in to some conflict every year i recall so that should be avoided too.

FPC should be kept to a bear minimum if they are unable to act promptly and positivly. increased spawns, especially of rare mobs are great, but they need to balance them properly and implement them early enough for teams to scout. if they cannot, its not worth the hassle. (i thnk this was addressed in 2010).

i would also like to see more merging of support mobs being along side the main mobs, to emphasis the support role rather than just a seperate team off in another part of the world. though im not sure mobs spawns necessarily merage in the same way they used to.

also, points allocation didnt seem right on some of the rounds last year, with realtivly easy mobs scoring higher than harder mobs for some unknown reason. 5 or 6 on the main list is possibly over doing it and lead to the oddities.

finally, the whole "nation" definintion needs to be fixed and locked down before it cause more friction or devalues the purpose. i think i understand Hurrikane's definition but i dont belive it put across for everyone to understand. Dach for example makes sence from a historic pov, but i suspect more arbitary links between nations will be formed that have no meaning. *if * they are allowed the rules should be clear why, before we end up with Euro vs USA vs Calypso vs Tibet.

Last edited:
Just like to add if anyone, including the illustrious Coop, wishes to be WoF Reporter (or even Head of the WoF Press Office if a grander title is your thing) then just post and ask; the job shall be yours.

All that is asked of you is:
Commitment & Readiness. This involves an article for each stage and a replacement if you have to bail, and an ability to keep up with the WoF's schedule. Creative flair a distinct plus.

We do need this, I tried a bit myself but it needs a proper commentary/breakdown of each weekend really, by someone with the time to do it.

:)

Hurrikane

I'll be more then willing to help Coop with pictures etc but I'd never be able to write it all as well as she does.

Bump it up for more feedback from the masses... your opinion matters.

Another bump for input... thanks to the voters!

PLEASE. No ROCKtropia. I've never been and refuse to go. Travelling to CP and CND is enough.

And I also agree with the need for front page write ups and making information about WoF a lot more accessible to the community. Shove it in their faces and they might wanna join the fun. ;)

I'm not sure if there will be a team I can and will participate in WoF '11. But I like Hurrikane's (and tbh meanwhile RJ's) baby soo much.

And! ...
This time we will have the 5th WoF!

Reason enough to celebrate it in a special way. No clue how this could look like. But I think it should be a very special one!

I like Casey's idea of weekly frontpage articles. Probably not about the matches only but some background infos as well, simply some gossip. ;)

At all it'll probably become a new challenge because we got cars and aircrafts meanwhile.

I agree with Alwyn: No other planets please! And a clear definition what "country" or "nation" means. I was happy about DACH's results. But tbh I was unhappy about this construct. Same with BeNeLux. Not to speak about "Team Europian Union" or what ever may appear ... "Team Africa" :rolleyes: or "Team Vatican" gathering together the 12 most skilled people at Calypso + 20 support teams gathering together the 140 second best skilled people.

Google is your friend

I agree with Alwyn: No other planets please! And a clear definition what "country" or "nation" means. I was happy about DACH's results. But tbh I was unhappy about this construct. Same with BeNeLux. Not to speak about "Team Europian Union" or what ever may appear ... "Team Africa" :rolleyes: or "Team Vatican" gathering together the 12 most skilled people at Calypso + 20 support teams gathering together the 140 second best skilled people.

With regards to new teams, I believe it basically works like this... If I can type a WoF's team country name in to google along with the word 'flag' and images of said country's flag come up, they're in! :)

However, I'm sure this is easily abused :)

I'm sure in the future when there are more planets there will be a PoF of some sort...

With regards to new teams, I believe it basically works like this... If I can type a WoF's team country name in to google along with the word 'flag' and images of said country's flag come up, they're in! :)

However, I'm sure this is easily abused :)

I'm sure in the future when there are more planets there will be a PoF of some sort...

Vatican flag

My opinions:

>I want Proteron involved next year.
Yes!

>I'd like the Rules made clearer.
Yes! I mean, is it Country vs Country or is it Belgium+Luxemburg+Netherlands+Germany+Czech+Slovakia+Belarus+Switzerland+Eventhefuckingfrenchfrogs+Millionsofalliedcountries vs poor Russia?
I mean, come on people. Make WOF what I think it should be - Country vs County without a gazillion of allies. Sweden VS Norway. USA vs Canada. It's about prestige, not alliance's!

>I think there should be a permanent trophy in-game with the Winning Teams on it.
Yes!

>I'd like PvP mobs back on the lists.
Only if they are inside a lootable pvp zone, yes! Would be nice to see some real PK action with a dozens (not gazillions) of guards needed.

>The occasional FPC adjusted spawn (Bug Swarm, Sabakuma Creepers etc) is ok.
Sure. It's ok. Not more, tho. Just ok.

>I'd like the Rules made clearer.
Yes! I mean, is it Country vs Country or is it Belgium+Luxemburg+Netherlands+Germany+Czech+Slovakia+Belarus+Switzerland+Eventhefuckingfrenchfrogs+Millionsofalliedcountries vs poor Russia?
I mean, come on people. Make WOF what I think it should be - Country vs County without a gazillion of allies. Sweden VS Norway. USA vs Canada. It's about prestige, not alliance's!

This is exactly what i want to point out ( i know you expected this from me )

I understand we need to allow people from different countries to play for the country up of their selection.
BUT PLEASE , DONT ALLOW CUSTOM TEAM NAMES!!!!!, So as Minken is saying it should be country VS country and not Team EUROASIA vs TEAM USAUSTRALIA.

For god sake PLEASE!!! MAKE IT WOF as it should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im very happy you understand Jamira!

finally, the whole "nation" definintion needs to be fixed and locked down before it cause more friction or devalues the purpose. i think i understand Hurrikane's definition but i dont belive it put across for everyone to understand. Dach for example makes sence from a historic pov, but i suspect more arbitary links between nations will be formed that have no meaning. *if * they are allowed the rules should be clear why, before we end up with Euro vs USA vs Calypso vs Tibet.

We need more opinions like this...

Im happy people generally started to worry about this!!!!

There was the spirit during the first and the second Wof. At first WoF the prize was: honour ... nothing else. Later this jackets appeared ... thats okay. But bring it back to a political country vs. country competition. "Nation" is an idifferent term. And alliances happen always. You cannot avoid them. "Team DACH" could be named "Team GERMANY" last year. That wouldn't change much. It was a tribute to our fellows from Austria and Switzerland. I'm pretty sure most of them would have taken part even under the flag of Germany. Neither Austria nor Switzerland got a serious chance to reach the final allone. Nor Germany alone I may add ... not sure about.

The original motto was: "World of Firepower - fight for your country!". Can we reestablish this please? (Fear an USSR alliance ;))

Any new/more info coming soon?:)

Back