WoF 2010 Pre-Launch News and Translator Call-Up

Could be a weakened Aussie team at next year's WoF. I hear a few of the this year's team have tentatively decided to fight for another country...

Not this Australian :) I either fight for the country or i dont fight and i guess the new rules will decide that for me.

Not this Australian :) I either fight for the country or i dont fight and i guess the new rules will decide that for me.

Indeed, a team with slightly lesser skills and gear but with better harmony and cohesion would be far more effective and enjoyable to be part of.

Good luck to all :)

Could be a weakened Aussie team at next year's WoF. I hear a few of the this year's team have tentatively decided to fight for another country...

Early times yet. Lets see what happens.

Echo

Indeed, a team with slightly lesser skills and gear but with better harmony and cohesion would be far more effective and enjoyable to be part of.

Interesting however it is 12 months since WoF 2009. I see a lot of Aussie woffers on eu many times honing their skills. I am sure we will be stronger from last years experience and with higher skills.

Up the Aussies

Jung

I think, although I am guilty as well, that we need to respect of Hurri's intentions that this thread is about Translators.
Given that its interesting to see the fervor to communicate on the topic of the much anticipated WOF 2010 perhaps a forum will soon arise once translations are done... but I think thats Hurri's domain.
Apology Hurri for my eagererness to post
Aussie Aussie Aussie OI OI OI
Chomps at the bit like a Quarter Horse on Oates:D

:laugh:

Harmony and Mac don't match! :silly2: ;)

I've said this before, but I think if teams are going to be pre-dermined this year then this is going to have to be said again...

I'm all for the Eudoria and Amethera teams as I think these are great for the people who want to take part in WoF but don't want to represent the country they come from for whatever reason they may have. (On a personal note, that one still totally evades me.)

However, the Cuba and Tibet teams both clearly did not involve people from the name-sake of the team, and in particular last year this caused an upset with the latter of the two when people who were actaully from the Tibet region of China wanted to join and then discovered that the Tibet team was, in effect, nothing to do with them. I assume they went with team China after that, but I didn't hear...

Anyway, given the political implications that we are not allowed to discuss, and I for one certainly don't want to bring up beyond this single point, is it safe to assume that "made-up" teams outside of the two Calypso teams will not be included in the pre-determined team lists this year?

This is a question I also have. I very much support the existance of team Amethera, Calypso and maybe others like Team FPC, Team Troy, Team Atlantis.

The one thing I have always had a problem with in the WOF is the country link. I understand if people want to play for they country as sports. No problem with that. But EU has always been a politics free environment for me. Societies are so diverse and that's a nice thing in this virtual world. I don't want any link with RL in the game, I want to play with my online friends and I don't care where and what they come from.

Hence I resent the appearance of "countries" in the game. I also resent the idea of Socs representing a country. Just my personal opinion. I would maybe take part more actively in the WOF, last time I only did the occasional support for team Amethera, but it could never be for a country team. I don't want to do that... just my thoughts and I accept any other opinion and point of view, no harm meant. ;)

Hence I resent the appearance of "countries" in the game. I also resent the idea of Socs representing a country. Just my personal opinion. I would maybe take part more actively in the WOF, last time I only did the occasional support for team Amethera, but it could never be for a country team. I don't want to do that... just my thoughts and I accept any other opinion and point of view, no harm meant. ;)

But the thing I have found is I have made new friends through WoF, peeps I may not have got to know if it wasnt for Wof. If you only hunt with the friends you have, you dont get to make new ones :)

Weeee !!! Looking forward !! Team Czech will be presented and again stronger !

And here we go again
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1e_DQG2-Oo[/YOUTUBE]
:DJoin US NOW !!!:D

But the thing I have found is I have made new friends through WoF, peeps I may not have got to know if it wasnt for Wof. If you only hunt with the friends you have, you dont get to make new ones :)

Agreed, I do not mind creating mixed teams of any sort for competitions ;)

I've also met new exciting people through events, for sure ! And don't get me wrong, i am not against WOF :ahh:

This is a question I also have. I very much support the existance of team Amethera, Calypso and maybe others like Team FPC, Team Troy, Team Atlantis.

The one thing I have always had a problem with in the WOF is the country link. I understand if people want to play for they country as sports. No problem with that. But EU has always been a politics free environment for me. Societies are so diverse and that's a nice thing in this virtual world. I don't want any link with RL in the game, I want to play with my online friends and I don't care where and what they come from.

By the time WOF gets going there should be new planets...what about planetary teams or events held there even ?

t

what is WoF?:scratch2:

is it a english guy-thing like: hey man, will there be WoF this weekend (women or football)?;)

Good stuff Hurri, premade threads seems a good idea.

The reason some nationalities aren't represented seems to be that there are simply not enough numbers from those Nations who are prepared to commit . WOF is still considered by some as an Uber event, and it does require alot of effort and perseverance.

I disagree. This year's team was magnificent, our best effort ever, and there was great team spirit. Leadership and organization was first rate. :yay:

Ofc, there were some who weren't happy, and created a few public dramas...or less than some...maybe one? :scratch2:

Of course we (Entropiafrance.com) will translate and give all the information about WoF in french for french players on the website ;)

Team France !!!!

This is a question I also have....

......The one thing I have always had a problem with in the WOF is the country link.

That's actually the oppossite of what my question was. :p

The country link is to me, the most important part. I would have assumed that non-native English speaking countries would prefer to speak in there own language when together, and obviously the people that were previously strangers are drawn together, and of course they have a lot in common right from the start, as they all know each others shared things. Places, football teams, weather, just anything really that is local knowledge that can't be shared with others that are just randomly bumped into around Calypso as much.

I think what you are looking for AJack is the "FoF" - which *I think* is the same idea excpet that the teams are based on society instead of country.

If WoF did abandon countries it would end up being pretty much a carbon copy of FoF, and I think the country thing is very clearly what makes WoF much more popular than FoF.

Of course we (Entropiafrance.com) will translate and give all the information about WoF in french for french players on the website ;)

Team France !!!!

:yay::yay::yay: Merci!!

...the "FoF" - which *I think* is the same idea excpet that the teams are based on society instead of country...

Correct... but we have never really enforced society integrity. Meaning... Federation of Free Wanderers could have people from other socs hunting with them. Not saying they did... jut an example.

That same rational is applied to WoF. Whichever country a person chooses to fight for... so be it. We lack the time, means or ability to have passports scanned and sent to the organizers for citizenship verification. Pick a flag... fight for it... fame and glory await.

Yes, we need a Spanish team :yay::yay:

I read this, John, after see you in game. Perhaps is interesting know how many spanish we are in game with some level or which gun and armor and fap we need for join WOF.

I am not against spanish team in WOF, but really i not want waste a lot peds with expensive armor and gun. And is important too event days and hour is good for all people.

John, he leído esto después de verte dentro del juego. Quizá sea interesante saber cuántos españoles estamos dentro del juego con algo de nivel o qué armas, armaduras y faps se necesitan para entrar en WOF.

Yo no estoy contra un equipo español, pero tampoco quiero gastarme un montón de ped en armas o armaduras caras. Y también es importante que los días y horarios del evento WOF vayan bien a todos.

Saludos. Milesio.

Milesio, it's the same as Entropia in general, only spend what you want to spend, there is no reason to spend more than you can afford.

It's really not until the final 6 teams that the spending gets out of control, and 5 of those 6 are pretty much set in stone these days anyway. :)

And in particular for Spain, which would be a new team that is long over-due - would be a great oppertunity for you guys of the same country to meet up and work together for a common goal for fun.

Out of ALL the countries that have never turned in a team, I personally expect Spain to be the "best newcomer" of WoF 2010.

I'll be there for the aussies

AUSSIE ALL THE WAY IN 2010

Wow, WoF time again already. Sweet! Let's go USA!!

Team Portugal! :D

I agree with Dark Cat, it wears you want to spend, and we can not hope to win the first year, but come together to have fun would be very interesting, and that Spain will make a name (however small) within Entropia, will to speak calmly.

Greetings. John Boro.

Estoy de acuerdo con Dark Cat, se gasta lo que se quiere gastar, y no podemos aspirar a ganar el primer año, pero unirnos para divertirnos sería muy interesante, y que España se haga un nombre (aunque sea pequeño) dentro de Entropía, habrá que hablarlo con calma.

Saludos. John Boro.

Early times yet. Lets see what happens.

Echo

Interesting however it is 12 months since WoF 2009. I see a lot of Aussie woffers on eu many times honing their skills. I am sure we will be stronger from last years experience and with higher skills.

Up the Aussies

Jung
Yep for sure,,but the statement wasn't meant to detract from anything in the way of skills or ability of those that remain loyal,,i.e. 99% :)

:laugh:

Harmony and Mac don't match! :silly2: ;)

What a predictably sad and useless statement from a classic non-team member :rolleyes: The fact that you resort to this sort of rubbish says a lot about you.

Good stuff Hurri, premade threads seems a good idea.

The reason some nationalities aren't represented seems to be that there are simply not enough numbers from those Nations who are prepared to commit . WOF is still considered by some as an Uber event, and it does require alot of effort and perseverance.

I disagree. This year's team was magnificent, our best effort ever, and there was great team spirit. Leadership and organization was first rate. :yay:

Ofc, there were some who weren't happy, and created a few public dramas...or less than some...maybe one? :scratch2:

Thanks Mulga, your support both in the physical and advisory sense has been invaluable :thumbup:

I'll be there for the aussies

AUSSIE ALL THE WAY IN 2010

Apologies again for being off topic but this is an obvious indication of how keen the teams are for the next one.

Look forward to it again next year.

Mac :)

Is this a call for assitance by translators thread as Hurri requested or is it a beat my chest WOF 2010 thread.
I see team NZ have it sorted elswhere well done.

Yep for sure,,but the statement wasn't meant to detract from anything in the way of skills or ability of those that remain loyal,,i.e. 99% :)

What a predictably sad and useless statement from a classic non-team member :rolleyes: The fact that you resort to this sort of rubbish says a lot about you.

Thanks Mulga, your support both in the physical and advisory sense has been invaluable :thumbup:

Apologies again for being off topic but this is an obvious indication of how keen the teams are for the next one.

Look forward to it again next year.

Mac :)

Let's see what happens when nominations come forward ;)

Would be interesting to see how you reaction will be next year with the 6:30pm Sunday timeslot now that you are back on the east coast :D

PORTUGAL

Here we go

portugalwof.jpg

A WoF vai ser nossa !

(the wof will be ours)

Oh, and BTW i can translate to portuguese :D

let the Games begain.

FoF, was festival of firepower, which I participated in the first 2.
However this year, I would like to play with others in the WoF, for the country I call home!

Oh yeah and Kev, I can translate english to american ;p

We are in the process of forming a Team "Dach" (means roof) of

Germany
Switzerland and
Austria

all other german speaking people are invited too! Meet us here ... if you can read it...

Back