Whats Happened?

...okay i hope something happens round then... at least give the people who were involved a nice christmas present?

The event was basically a non-event, nothing happened except for serious lag.

The conspirare guys made out ok with their game, which is great for them, but MA did not really follow thru on the news. Basically pretty poor way of managing expectations from them on this one.

im not sure we can blame MA for managment of expectations, when the player base seem to think this would lead to some massive event with mod faps/PoE armour,/other uber items being given out like sweeties. greed created massive expectation, when it was supposed to just be a little real life/virtual life crossover roleplay. If people could see it for this, they'd realise it was quite good and certainly groundbreaking.

im not sure we can blame MA for managment of expectations, when the player base seem to think this would lead to some massive event with mod faps/PoE armour,/other uber items being given out like sweeties. greed created massive expectation, when it was supposed to just be a little real life/virtual life crossover roleplay. If people could see it for this, they'd realise it was quite good and certainly groundbreaking.

the idea was good,but with all this fuss ending up with a 30 minute argo spawn, who else but MA can we look to if we would want to "blame" someone..

:scratch2:

Okay, so, ummm.... No, really... It's over? What about the orb? The statue? The apartment? Are they gone/cleared out? How did argo spawns solve the mystery? I'm awfully confused.

In short:

Midori Fairlona
"Reading the transcript you posted, the new goal appears to be to rescue Ingela, Maria's mother."

So the story is that Maria has been rescued then 'gratefully' buggered off and now we have to save her mother. Now don't get me wrong I am sure that all mythical hero's went out and saved flighty young things - but their mothers. Nah ...just didn't happen.

And lets face it this one sounds a bit flighty ... 'free as a bird'...hmmm sounds like she would fly off too without even saying thanks. And there has to be a reason why she was set into stone (son in law gets lucky with a bit of experimental magic?) Lets face it no one really gets set into stone and sent to a far off virtual land by accident do they? Has to be a reason why. My vote is for the son in law - he did it.

Just imagine her reaction when she gets freed - before you know it she will be pretty upset - possibly with any male person who looks anything like a male ...before you know it you will be out cleaning the 'Augean stables'.

No ... any aspiring Hero's should go off and kill a few infuriated Daiki and leave it to the 'Order of the Serpent'.

Which leads me to another point ...which self respecting Hero would collaborate with the Order of the Serpent? Lets face it people who are members of orders of thin snake like things are not fated for a happy end and tend not to be the 'good guys'. From Harry Potter to poor old Medusa Snakes aren't a positive symbol - and don't even get me started on Freud's view of snakes and orders and things like that. Anyone really thought of what the order of the snake value? Now you don't want to be associated with this bunch do you?

AND have you thought about all the people who get turned into stone in mythology ...never nice people. This fate tends to be reserved for particularly unpleasant and nasty people who have a. killed a lot of nice people, b. killed a lot of nice people and laughed in an evil way c. laughed in an evil kind of way.

Nah in the imortal words of some Knight Hero chap in Monty Python's the Holy Grail 'RUN AWAY, run away'.

Or follow my example and when faced with a statue of some severe looking female in stone ... and all sort of magical stuff “He moved in a way that suggested he was attempting the world speed record for the nonchalant walk" Terry Pratchett

Maria has not been found (yet) and Adrijanna is not missing.

Ingela (Marias mother) died in November 2004 and her spirit has since that quite regularly possessed Marias body. ...

Ah so we have to rescue a zomby mother in law and the daugter (who is regularly inhabited by the spirit of her mother). Hmmm now while I have a few m8's that swear that the 'spirit of their mother-in-law's' metaphoricaly inhabits their wives on the odd ocassion (much to their discomfort) ..it isn't seen as a good thing. No definitely a thing one should encourage.

Ordo Serpentis are the "good guys". If it was Christian mythology we were dealing with the snake part would probably be bad, but this stuff is kind of (very) occult...

Now Mr Freud wasn't a kind of Christian chappy ...and his interpretations of dreams and symbolisim pointed to a key message related to snakes. So on one hand we have a bunch of potential willy worshipers as the 'good guys'. On the other hand if you look at snakes in a whole range of other mythology snakes are seen as nasty horrible creatures - so we have a group of 'occult' (was your use of that word supposed to reasure me) individuals waving snakes around. Nah not the steriotypical view of hero group if you ask me :laugh:

I don't think saving Ingela is something that will have anything to do with EU. If we have interpered all the clues the right way both Maria and Ingela will be helped and found tomorrow. What will happen after that, I do not know. We still have some stuff we don't know what to do with (the Enochian angels, for example). Maybe Maria can help us with that if she turns up tomorrow. After all, she is Cassandra...

Hmmm Cassandra (according to that oracle of all knowledge wikipedia) means 'she who entangles men'. Forgive me if I am not looking forward to her return :D And I recon the Ordo Serpentis blokes better watch for their snakes :eek:. Nah my vote is to let them well alone ...

Oh and while we are on the subject of wikipedia and this lass Cassandra or Maria ... apparently she has had the odd daliance with snakes in the past:

"...she spent a night at Apollo's temple with her twin brother Helenus, at which time the temple snakes licked her ears clean so that she was able to hear the future"

This doesn't sound particularly hygenic to me.

But the result was that she could talk to animals. So maybe we have a taming update on the way.

This might seem like a far fetched and hypothesis to draw from highly dubious data in an almost fantastical manner, however, given the storyline so far I think it sound relatively reasonable and sane. :)

Ah so we have to rescue a zomby mother in law and the daugter (who is regularly inhabited by the spirit of her mother). Hmmm now while I have a few m8's that swear that the 'spirit of their mother-in-law's' metaphoricaly inhabits their wives on the odd ocassion (much to their discomfort) ..it isn't seen as a good thing. No definitely a thing one should encourage.

I am sorry, I never got into this story, but this quote just made me laugh P-J.... +rep mate.

Okay, so, ummm.... No, really... It's over? What about the orb? The statue? The apartment? Are they gone/cleared out? How did argo spawns solve the mystery? I'm awfully confused.

The argo's jumped from the orb, stubbing their toes on the statue, got really pissed off (they just intended to go on a day trip to Cork - bloody eazyjet dumped them in the wrong time space continum). Couldn't find the egg (you forgot to mention THE EGG) and then got killed by the local population (us). As for the appartment ...some reseller flogged it for a massive profit and retired to CND.

Sound plausable?

As for being over ...nah its just lagged. The whole story :D

This might seem like a far fetched and hypothesis to draw from highly dubious data in an almost fantastical manner, however, given the storyline so far I think it sound relatively reasonable and sane. :)
Actually, yes, it does :D
The argo's jumped from the orb, stubbing their toes on the statue, got really pissed off (they just intended to go on a day trip to Cork - bloody eazyjet dumped them in the wrong time space continum). Couldn't find the egg (you forgot to mention THE EGG) and then got killed by the local population (us). As for the appartment ...some reseller flogged it for a massive profit and retired to CND.

Sound plausible?

As for being over ...nah its just lagged. The whole story :D
Is your RL name Terry Pratchett perchance?

o well this is just silly:laugh: ...em black ball hmmmm darn well i dont have much to do now this is over with a bad ending....nothing happened the rich got richer and the poor got...bored (-:!!!

Back