Team Canada starts HERE!

I will be available for those times.

Mags suggested Saturday 24 March @ 8 AM Mindark time

That works for me.

Based on the replies it sounds like Thriller, Badger and Stickman will also be around so that makes 4 of us.

I know it's a pretty awkward time for us in Canada, but it's hard considering the difference in time zones. The good thing is there will be 3 people that have not had a chance to compete yet.

If nobody objects, I'll go ahead and confirm that time with team Australia.

Thriller is sub so someone would need to leave the main team for him to come...unless i'm mistaken which would be great :laugh:

Thriller is sub so someone would need to leave the main team for him to come...unless i'm mistaken which would be great :laugh:

You are not mistaken, the rule change comes after Stage 2, at the start of Stage 3.

Subs/Unused team members are of course allowed to perform un-teamed support duties.

Hurrikane

BD,
I can definitely be there, but its not my preferred time either. That's 4am for me (as for a lot of us in the eastern time zone).
Thriller, Stickman/DoubleDee : can you confirm this specific time? (Sorry, but in your posts you both say "if need be"; Does that means you are committing to be up at 4 in the a.m.?).

Also, when this is all over (for sure that will be in May, with our new Jackets!), we should plan a team hunt so we can all get together and have fun. I would suggest OLA-32, as Hurrikane suggested for a 'thank-you' gesture. Comments?

I am INSOMNIAC :)
yes i will be up at that time as i will just be getting in from work
but im still a sub...we see what happens :)

Hurrikane said:
Subs/Unused team members are of course allowed to perform un-teamed support duties.

I by this you mean fapping and such, I would be able to assist if needed. Just let me know.

Tox

Thriller I'll step aside for you on this hunt, it's a rather unsociable hour for me here in the UK anyways, but i would like to get in on one hunt. Your far more qualified for this hunt than I am, not least that you actually live in the Canada :D I use my lowly Boar and VAT110 and I reckon your killing potential will be somewhat greater than mine.

So best of luck to all of you and I'll be there to fap you at around 9am on Saturday

Thriller I'll step aside for you on this hunt, it's a rather unsociable hour for me here in the UK anyways, but i would like to get in on one hunt. Your far more qualified for this hunt than I am, not least that you actually live in the Canada :D I use my lowly Boar and VAT110 and I reckon your killing potential will be somewhat greater than mine.

So best of luck to all of you and I'll be there to fap you at around 9am on Saturday

Thanks m8.....but does this conform with the rules?

Thanks m8.....but does this conform with the rules?

In this Stage, if Badger drops from the team (there can be no "swapping" to the subs), he will be able to re-enter only if you reach Stage 3, where the rules on teams relax. This does restrict team movements in this Stage but also ensures more people get to hunt.

Hurrikane

Go for it thriller, no pressure or anything :) i want to hunt in round 3 :D

Hi team Canada!
A debate about the rule concerning the penalty for missing team elements at the end of the event is going on. I'll ask for one of you to speak their mind, as Hurrikane suggested a change from the %player penalty to a penalty of 3 pts per player missing.
Unfortunately the rule does not distinguish between real CTD due to broken connection or malicious ones (that is, seeing that he won't be back on team, the guy disconnects), and I understand it is hard to know which one of these actually happens. This is the real problem IMO.
My team (Portugal) had a problem with one of the players that was using wifi and lost connectivity (connection was constantly going up and down and finally, down for good) around the middle of the event. This meant a penalty of 33% on the result as we were only 3 in the team.
The end result for us will not be very different (% or -3), but IMHO this is an issue worth debating (as any team in game can see this happen to them), wether the changes are to be made for the next WoF or this one already.

Cheers,

Naifas

I have posted on the team Australia thread, and sent a PM to Hurrikane to confirm the Saturday 8am MA time slot.

Good luck, guys! :)

so who's on the team for this round? BD, Thriller, Stickman and..? I just found out i won't have to work saturday so if we're one hunter short I could make it.

I think you'll see Smarmy voiced his desire ( lol albeit reluctantly) to be on the team at that time :) But, maybe he could be convinced to relinquish his spot for you, lanksia :)

I certainly would relinquish my "spot" (if I have one) for Lanksia. She is way better able to deal with the warriors (and pesky drones that get in the way) than I am. I spent too much time either dead, or trying to get back to the team after dying in the last hunt. I don't have the armor/weapons/skills to survive without someone else close to me (at least for the Warriors; the other mobs Im mostly OK with).

I just checked the team list on the Hunt for Your Country thread (the first post is where it is maintained) :
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=658296&postcount=1

Badger is on the team, and Thriller is on sub list. Badger:if you want to give up your spot for Thriller, then you need to PM to Hurrikane to make it official (sorry : ignore this if you have already done so. Im sure Hurrikane is super busy organizing this event, and maybe the roster isn't up-to-date).

If any of the four hunters think it is necessary, I can participate by fapping, or dealing with some of the non-list mobs that may be distracting you (except the high level drones). Tox has volunteered as well. Post a message if you think its necessary.

Cheers,
Smarmy

Last edited:
Your call Smarmy, if u want to be on the team go for it. If u think u'd be more helpful as helper it's fine too. I'm up for it. If u choose not to make the team well help is sure always welcome :D

Your call Smarmy, if u want to be on the team go for it. If u think u'd be more helpful as helper it's fine too. I'm up for it. If u choose not to make the team well help is sure always welcome :D

Lanksia, you go on the hunt. Ive gone twice already, and like I said: I have trouble with the Warriors. I WILL plan to be there at the start line for fapping/non-list mob hunting, or any other kind of help.

Go forth, Lanksia, and kick ass! :yay:

As soon as team changes are posted in Hunt For Your Country they apply, even if I haven't seen them; the time stamp is on each post.

Haven't seen anything from Badger on this matter btw.

Hurrikane

d'acord, I have resigned my place in the team, Thriller will take my place. I think that now makes me a substitute. So everything is cool. I'll still be there to fap anyone who want's me to tag along for a while tomorow

Badger

Ok i can't be a sub but i can re apply if we get into stage 3 :)

U DA MAN BADGER:pimp:
very unselfish of you to do this :thumbup:

however I think u must post this in the actual thread of WOF

it should be ok, I PMd hurricane, can clear it up live ingame if need be, got him on FL

Rav from Scorpio has just applied to join you guys as sub...he will serve you well I'm sure if he gets a hunt ;)

I won't be able to make it this weekend, but I am at your disposal for future hunts. :) I mentioned my availability on the main contest page also.

158 hp
adj v1
9k+ blp
8.7k+ rifle

It would be fun to join up with you all if the opportunity should arise. I tend to stick to CP for the most part lately in my hunt for my ATH. Join me if you ever want to team hunt for kicks.

:)

Welcome Rav! As you know, our team is full right now but I believe we have room for subs, I'll have to check. Wish us luck in making it to Stage 3 where we'll all have a go at it :)

Good God 4am .. :)
sure ill be there, best time of the day:)
wife, kids sleeping

welcome aboard Ravaj. and thx Smarmy i'll go :D For the last hunt of this round unless we're short on ppl i'll leave my place to Ravaj so he gets to hunt at least once and i'll resign in round 3 like Badger

let's score some tonite:yay: we need it badly lol

Well done lanksia! Same here...I'll resign my post to Angel if he wants to shoot 'em up in the 3rd stage of this round...whaddya say, Angel? :)

To this stage of Team Canada: The best of luck to you all. You represent the best of all of us. Godspeed!

Last edited:
Back