Stage 4 Feedback Request

Deathifier

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zachurm Deathifier Emegen
Hi Everyone,
I'd like to hear your thoughts on how the island is performing in Stage 4.

I'm particularly interested in any latency (lag) issues, freezes, loot delays, and problems with the spawns.

Info on how well the spawns are coping during competition would be good too :)

Thanks,
Deathifier

Hi Deathifier,

your island is great as always :D, but sometimes it gives a "Loot Lag",
so that some loot Windows Pop up a few minutes later.
At some places we get "TP Lag" so the chip doesnt works...we have to run a time and then it works.....

btw. the new TP´s and Service Center are very nice :D

hi Deathifier,

when Hurrikane says "go or stop" and 6 teams hit the tp-chip simutaniously, it starts to lag.

Actually i was very amazed about the small ammount of lags we had in our match, besides 1 of those tp-lags it all was very fluid.

I'm particularly interested in any latency (lag) issues, freezes, loot delays, and problems with the spawns.

I had no latency (lag) issues, freezes, loot delays.

Spawns hmm Bristles and Fouls could be better from what i've heard ;)

Had some loot lag when teaming furors big and small. At the most we had 5-6 loots behind. Most of the time there was no problem. Yeah, also some lag when reviving.

Please don't change the spawns between matches - they should remain consistent for each match in the stage to ensure fairness.

Please don't change the spawns between matches - they should remain consistent for each match in the stage to ensure fairness.

Agreed.

No real problems anyway afaik.

Only had some loot lag on Bristles and Corns. Have had worse thou :)

There's no plans to change them - the maturity mix seems just about right and everything is already at maximum density.

I am interested to see how the island is holding up under competition conditions so that I can work on improvements for next year :)

Thus everyones feedback is helpful, and I thank those who have already posted theirs.

- Deathifier

Only had some loot lag on Bristles and Corns. Have had worse thou :)

Well it was actually so bad loot lag that we missed that we get a global on Corns. Even the looter himself missed it.

Beside that, nothing to complain at.

There's no plans to change them - the maturity mix seems just about right and everything is already at maximum density.

I am interested to see how the island is holding up under competition conditions so that I can work on improvements for next year :)

Thus everyones feedback is helpful, and I thank those who have already posted theirs.

- Deathifier

Well as far as that part is concerned, I didn't find any problems with spawns or any significant lag (other than lag when TPing from the start point). Even on the Foul area towards the end of our match when there were dozens of people hunting, there were lots of mobs.

I spent time on Foul and on both Furor areas, can't comment on the others (except to say that no-one else in the England team had any complaints as far as I'm aware).

The only issue I recall (which someone may have already mentioned during our round on TS) was the one occasion where we had 3 mobs in a row that came up 'loot is claimed by someone else' and one of those mobs had just spawned right beside us.

Other than that things went pretty much 99% smooth.

As for the spawns and services on the island everything is great.

On terrain again everything is good except for that one part near the volcano( I think the Nth side) in the Glob spawn area that you get stuck in.
I wasn't on the globs for the round but we found it on a scouting mission and all had to back track a bit to find a way to climb out.

Last edited:
I was on the main team for Canada on May 1st, and apart from a bit of loot lag I had practically forgotten about, my only complaint is the poor returns we got. I know, I know, it's not your fault!

The only issue I recall (which someone may have already mentioned during our round on TS) was the one occasion where we had 3 mobs in a row that came up 'loot is claimed by someone else' and one of those mobs had just spawned right beside us.

If that was when the AUS Main team temporarily disbanded the bug is suspected to be a result of the unusual circumstances it was disbanded in.
I filed a support case about it the day after our match and hopefully others did to, so MindArk will eventually fix the bug.

On terrain again everything is good except for that one part near the volcano( I think the Nth side) in the Glob spawn area that you get stuck in.
I wasn't on the globs for the round but we found it on a scouting mission and all had to back track a bit to find a way to climb out.

The Globster terrain is a known problem, it will be fixed sometime this year :)

Thanks for your feedback mate,
Deathifier

Saturday at 18-21 MA lag was quite bad.
Had a few times when it was between 1-2 minutes until the loot got updated on small Furors. Ok, with so many hunters in those small areas one could maybe say that lag was actually quite good :D

Lot Of Lag Man, Update your servers!

And Tell MA to Fix theirs.

Considering the amount of teams out there with Main and Support this last Saturday I guess it held up pretty well but there were some very bad times with upto a minute or more of chat lag, loot lag, getting stuck refining, unable to tp or revive, unable to shoot and mobs running around backwards etc. and ofc they can still hit you so when the lag clears you're dead :laugh:

Just out of curiosity did anyone else have the same problems as two of us did trying to tp to co-ords around the Globsters area and ending up in totally different co-ords, but still together? It was almost like it couldn't read the mountainous terrain so sends you further out into the Cornie spawn. Also, trying to tp back to the Volcanic tp kept putting me at the bottom of the mountain in the water and nowhere near the tp :scratch2:

I had the same problems as Nadie, loot lag, refiner locking up (couldn't refine hides at all for a while), a few times the MOBs jumped when climbing hills and after the match while sorting out the loot the storage was real slow, I ended up TPing to Sukura to sort out the loot.

Also I think Xaph had some problem trying to TP to the Globsters at the start.

Gypsy

The biggest problem I've personally encountered was mob lags - when I start shooting at pig with my fox ME, it seems that the mob is hung - I can even actually hit it in that stop. Then all of a sudden mob "teleports" just next to me and start hitting me. Most of the time it didn't cause any problems as I still could hit mob in that "hung" spot, but there were several cases when I start shooting mob and it runs to other hunter (you know AI is pretty stupid :D) so I try to intercept it but I'm unable to hit him anymore...

I would say your island is doing quite well...

TOTAL LOOT TAKEN IN STAGE 4: 149,947 PED
MAIN TEAMS: 78,557 PED
SUP TEAMS: 71,390 PED

In Stage 3, Teams (Main+Support) were averaging 9,266 PED per hunt.
In Stage 4, Teams (Main+Support) are averaging 12,495 PED per hunt.

Not too shabby ;)

Certainly seemed to be a lot more lag in the economic system this weekend.

I was online a fair bit working on my tiering project and the system was freezing far too often - could move around fine but anything related to the economy (even moving items to/from storage) just froze up for sometimes a couple of minutes :(

Not sure why it was worse this weekend however I'll let support know and encourage them to monitor the next round, perhaps it will help them find what is causing the problems :)

Just out of curiosity did anyone else have the same problems as two of us did trying to tp to co-ords around the Globsters area and ending up in totally different co-ords, but still together? It was almost like it couldn't read the mountainous terrain so sends you further out into the Cornie spawn. Also, trying to tp back to the Volcanic tp kept putting me at the bottom of the mountain in the water and nowhere near the tp :scratch2:

I've had various problems with TP chip accuracy since VU11 - often being dropped 100m+ away from my target.

As for TP'ing back to the Volcanic TP one time I landed in the water just north of it, the other I landed properly next to the TP.

It may just be the screwy TP accuracy since it doesn't take much to miss the TP area and fall down the hill.

- Deathifier

Hi Deathifier,

servers hold up pretty well while the match imo. It is the base performance that is bad at TI.

Starts with lot of spots where must be some bugged models because framerate drops down to 20/30 fps (even seen 13) on a machine that gives 70 to 90 otherwise. Sec Ents-, Letomie-, Big Furor-area, noticed spots where this happens everywhere. You know, where the fps drops depending on what direction you look even if no avatars, mobs or anything special is there.

Erratic mob movement like asmi said. A bit a generall problem atm, but more noticable at TI. Also the own avatar doesn't run "smooth" at times. Not laggy but like if you run against wind. :)

In teams it is always at least one who complains about spikes of general lag where the others don't seem to suffer from it.

Tool switch lag, loot lag, TPing issues are more common then in other areas.

All this happens at "quiet" times. Considering that, i was surprised how well it went while WoF match. Same issues, but not increased really, except loot lag, and thats not an big issue imo (and happens just everywhere at times atm).

Don't know how to describe it, the whole experience at TI is kinda a bit "sloppy" (probably the wrong word) performance wise. Crowded or not. All this issues one can find at other places too, but lot of it got fixed lately or is not a constant factor like on TI.

About the spawns, well since the layout change of the land areas, the three new mobs (especially fresco) suffer from too low spawn density for high dmg/sec hunting. But as there is only one DNA of each one can't complain i guess. Certainly the fresco spawn was nice to grind with XT before and now is not worth it anymore (too much running).

The respawn under load however seems quite well, that one barely runs out of mobs under WoF conditions in an 3 hour hunt is amazing. Off course they respawn clustered and one has to know where to look. But if you don't run with the "crowd" respawn frequenzy is just fine for an competition.

Leona

Haven't noticed TP and Loot Lag issues (but then I wasn't TPing much and kept my loot window open) but the hunt did feel like a slow-motion movie most of the time even on Low settings. Another annoying problem was mobs going invisible and it taking quite some time for them to appear again.

On the positive side, the spawn of big Furors felt much better this time. Had to run noticeably less than 2 weeks ago. With 6 big-support teams on the same small LA it performed unexpectedly well.

The maturity on your big furor´s was to low. only 50% is thief or scav and saw only 1 looter in 3 hours.

Same goes for the foul, make them leaders not young as the spawn was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to thin...

Performances wise its as leona said, altough I didnt have any real issues besides a revival que at times it seemed.

Last edited:
Same goes for the foul, make them leaders not warriors as the spawn was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to thin...

There are high maturity Fouls on the island?!
I only saw young to scouts :scratch2:

The maturity on your big furor´s was to low. only 50% is thief or scav and saw only 1 looter in 3 hours.

Same goes for the foul, make them leaders not warriors as the spawn was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to thin...

Yes i agree, with the foulsituation. The spawn is WAY to thin, only solution to fix that is to get more dna. But to get dna from a young, adult is like impossible. So up the maturities please!! And hunting youngs and adults can be done with a gun that does 10 damage.. in other words i hardly get any skills, AT ALL!

What bugs me the most though is that damn mountain that sits just between the foul and letomie spawn!!!

There is always a big bunch of foul stuck up there but since it's nearly impossible to get up there you cant kill them and thus those get tied up there which thins out the rest of the spawn. And using a tp-chip to get up there is almost impossible as well. Your lucky if you succed once out of 5-10 tries :p

also there is already quite a few foul young spots noobs can hunt on. I see no reason to keep it such a low maturity when there is no high maturity spawn anywhere else really. except one spot (if it's still there)

Last edited:
Edit, Make them Leaders not young:)

It is the base performance that is bad at TI.

Starts with lot of spots where must be some bugged models because framerate drops down to 20/30 fps (even seen 13) on a machine that gives 70 to 90 otherwise. Sec Ents-, Letomie-, Big Furor-area, noticed spots where this happens everywhere. You know, where the fps drops depending on what direction you look even if no avatars, mobs or anything special is there.

Erratic mob movement like asmi said. A bit a generall problem atm, but more noticable at TI. Also the own avatar doesn't run "smooth" at times. Not laggy but like if you run against wind. :)

Hmm I haven't experienced any of these issues myself, even during WoF my movement has always been smooth and my framerate (on low) flaps around 50-100 depending on what I'm looking at and how long its been since I closed the loot window :)

If you have coords of specific locations, directions you look in, or specific items that are crushing your framerate I'll investigate them.

Same goes for the foul, make them leaders not young as the spawn was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to thin...

Yeah I noticed the Furor maturity was a little different to what should be there, I will check that.

Foul are staying as is.

What bugs me the most though is that damn mountain that sits just between the foul and letomie spawn!!!

That pesky mountain was marked for demolition along with a few other pesky hills around the island. This was done a few months ago...
I don't know when the imperial govt. will get around to sending in the bulldozers however I don't think it'll be fixed before the next round :(

- Deathifier

Hmm I haven't experienced any of these issues myself, even during WoF my movement has always been smooth and my framerate (on low) flaps around 50-100 depending on what I'm looking at and how long its been since I closed the loot window :)

If you have coords of specific locations, directions you look in, or specific items that are crushing your framerate I'll investigate them.

Yeah I noticed the Furor maturity was a little different to what should be there, I will check that.

Foul are staying as is.

That pesky mountain was marked for demolition along with a few other pesky hills around the island. This was done a few months ago...
I don't know when the imperial govt. will get around to sending in the bulldozers however I don't think it'll be fixed before the next round :(

- Deathifier

I will send bombthreats to the imperial govt. then so they speed up things :bomb:

After the 3 rounds I'd have to say it went very well. Yep, agree about some of the mountains as they are kinda.. well impossible to deal with.

Not many problems with lag at all. Some here and there but nothing to major and I've experienced a LOT worse. There were many teams at the same time a couple of weeks ago and the lag overall still wasn't that bad considering the number of players that day.

Thanks for running a great island. Yes, please up the foul spawn if at all possible or add more over time.. some big, some small...

Back