Sakura Crafting Club Grows!

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
Ever since my ATH ... and continued good luck (oops, Lootius love) that has given me a run of ubers ... the Sakura Trade Center has had increased traffic, and especially around the ATH crafting machine! :laugh: However, it has also provided opportunity for good friends to enjoy a fun time, as well as old and new friends to join in ... not to mention the occasional visitor who adds a bit of flavor into the mix. :silly2:

Last night was no exception ... although, it was the largest group so far in the time slot that I'm usually crafting (midnight my time, 04:00 MA time). The usual suspects were there, but several old and new friends joined our craziness. Here is a partial list of those who were in and out of the trade center crafting with us ... along with the usual clan ...

TOAST
MindStar9
Lykke - (TheNun)
Sir Odd Bunny - (did an earlier mini-run)
michael mike malan - (got the night's uber)
Pi Piyalin Yalin
maroschi iserag meriman
Hung Khang Pham
John Foma Kalun - (pesok at EF)
Aura Lily
Marcus MAX Cole
peterbilt bilt johnny
By-Tor Lerxt Rivendell
Radiance Rad Luminosity
... AND ...
Carefree Dog Youngnott

(the exposed one ... who said he tried to sweat an
aggressive Ambu who ate up his pants ... ya, right!) :rolleyes:
*just kidding ... you're a good sport*

At one point ... "Talons Mechanic Hickenson" walked into the trade center and commented on the nice group of crafters. He said ... "shouldn't Lykke bless the machine" ... we told him that she was already there, but had to leave for work after gloabling and hoffing, so yes ... the machine and all the crafters got the Lootius blessing. He then said ... "well then, I better call the fire department" ... :laugh: ... that was a nice interlude, thanks! ;)

The night was certainly interesting ...

1-scp.jpg

2-scp.jpg

(always beware in the presence of the "EU Picture Storyteller")

3-scp.jpg

4-scp.jpg

5-scp.jpg

5a-scp.jpg

5b-scp.jpg

5c-scp.jpg

7-scp.jpg

6-scp.jpg

TOLD ya ... even though it's a small one!

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

After all is said and done ...

9-scp.jpg

Wonder who we'll meet up with next! :yay:

Last edited:
Sounds like Sakura is the place to be! Great pictures MS9 :)

Gonna +rep ya asap...just gotta spread some... :silly:

Great post.....just great! Guess I'll have to do a few long runs on Amps in Sakura as well ;)

Man... I wanna be cool too! :D

I might have to do some runs out there as well lol.

Gratz to all global/hoffers :p

Hey I'll be there tonight, afer last night I'm doing all my crafting at night:laugh: Thanks for all the gratz! Lootius def shone on me!

Hey I'll be there tonight, afer last night I'm doing all my crafting at night:laugh: Thanks for all the gratz! Lootius def shone on me!

YEAH ... mike will be IN THE HOUSE ... let's get an even bigger crafting party together and see what kinda trouble we can get into tonight. I'll be there at 04:00 MA time ... not sure what I'll be crafting this time, but if Lootie can bless me with a nice little HoF on Killian Longsword G2's like he did last night, I might even change it up again and try something different ... I like surprises! :silly2:

BE AT THE SAKURA TC AT 04:00 AND JOIN THE PARTY!!! :yay:

Sooooo !!! (Kinky Aussie) DOG is EXPOSED !!

WHAT do I say ???

Well best of all is that BEFORE responding here, I read your profile and .....

Occupation
Behavioral Analyst; Counselor; Psychology Professor and Professional Life Coach

.... THAT left poor dog as if he was standing between four lamp posts - not a leg to stand on !!

Whatever I say, will lead you to having a field day - PROFESSOR indeed - bad enough that my brother is a Professor (now retired) thinks he knows everything - and - of course - DOG being second born knows NOTHING.

Not a problem for me - he was born first and took all the brains - by the time I was born - no brains left.

Can I say anything in my defence ? - I "can" say anything I like but all I will do then is PROVE everyone else right - better to remain silent and leave "some" doubt in peoples minds !!

He who laughs last - laughs .....

Why would I say that ? - Simply because you missed out on a massive offer of a bribe - I saw you in the Sakura Trade Centre in the opposite corner from your favourite position (next to the magic HOFing m/c !!) AND I had just returned from a hunt - ostensibly to hunt Berycled Stalkers in the 1st LA North of Sakura - only to be bitterly disappointed as the soc who won that LA have not maintained it - it was devoid of all creatures - except for a forlorn DOG in Ghost !!

oh yes - the bribe (gosh I DO get carried away - do I not !!) - I said words to the effect of "What is it worth to you - to take a new screen print of me in my Armour (yes WE Aussies SPELL that correctly !!) and for you to then destroy the incriminating evidence of ....

(STREAKER) DOG !!

p.s. count yourselves lucky that MA have not (yet ?) allowed for a male thong ('G'-String) - OH BOY - (Aussie) DOG would be 1st in line for that !!

Last edited:
I see you finally made it here :laugh: ... however, contrary to our lengthy (and open chat) discussion at the Sakura TC auction counter that others witnessed, you failed to share some of the nicer things that you said during our exchange of words that got quite philosophical and deep. :(

After reading my profile ... some will always navigate toward stereotypical thinking that immediately creates barriers with "false" conclusions about who or what I am based on my profession (it actually occurs with a lot of professions). However, in your case, I fully understand the component of "personal experience" that had such influence in your thinking. The side effect of such experience is that it has a tendency to lead one at times into thinking that all people of a specific group behave in the same manner, which is quite the opposite.

Also fully understandable ... how the sibling relationship in this respect left a bitter taste in your mouth ... and why you make a statement like ... " THAT left poor dog as if he was standing between four lamp posts - not a leg to stand on !!" ... and pre-judged me not based on your personal interaction with me, but rather the experience with your brother for so many years.

However ... I think I was self-disclosing enough with my thoughts during our open discussion last night (that a few others joined in on) to give you perhaps a little clearer "person perception" that we're not all alike either as behavioral analysts, counselors, personal life coaches, or professors. Remember the part where you said to always expect the unexpected? ... and I said I agree, but I add another twist to that? ... the twist being of course ...

ms9-dogconvsnippet.jpg

For the most part ... I do think that people readily "underestimate" others, but I also understand that it's based on personal belief systems, and it will continue to occur until a change in thinking occurs that allows a person to explore the uniqueness of another without drawing often faulty conclusions. You can hardly compare me, or all others in my profession based on your relationship with your brother (or at least partially so), because personal experience is quite subjective, and results of such cannot be applied across the board to all. Your brother had a PhD in Nuclear Physics ... that's a far cry from the field of psychology, and the dynamics of behavior. The label "Professor" gets stereotyped, and often a bad rap, but it seemed to me that last night you felt a little different in spite of what my profession was, and perhaps based the following comment on the "personal" interaction we shared?

ms9-dogsnippet.jpg

Expect the unexpected? ... yes indeed ... I too live by that motto, but with the twist that I added above ... "never underestimate me" ... which is why I (at times) screenie certain conversations and actions ingame that I perhaps in a process of what I call "2nd step mentality" anticipate that might reappear out of context in a way that might be less than flattering.

That said ... interpretation of the printed word is also subjective, and your following comment ...

Dog said:
Well best of all is that BEFORE responding here, I read your profile and .....

Occupation
Behavioral Analyst; Counselor; Psychology Professor and Professional Life Coach

.... THAT left poor dog as if he was standing between four lamp posts - not a leg to stand on !!

Whatever I say, will lead you to having a field day - PROFESSOR indeed - bad enough that my brother is a Professor (now retired) thinks he knows everything - and - of course - DOG being second born knows NOTHING.

... presents (somewhat) open fodder for those who have been less than kind to me with regard to some of my posting at this forum from a professional perspective, and therefore ... why I have taken the course I have with this post.

All said and done ... I truly enjoyed the open discussion with you last night, and find you quite interesting ... from a personal perspective, and not a professional one. ;) However, how do we as professionals take everything we've learned either through the academic journey, or practical application, and forget about it all while having conversation? For those tuned-in enough (from a more respectul perspective), it allows us to truly appreciate the uniqueness of another individual ... and for my kind in my profession ... it also allows us to be more forgiving with certain behaviors, because we understand (for the most part) the motivations behind them, with what I feel is an often higher level of compassion as such.

I found you ... charming, delightful, and expressing a sense of humor that was more delicious than detrimental. It was an "unexpected" and most welcomed ending to a crafting run that for the first time rendered a quite less than desirable outcome. My OA-101 amp is on the shelf right now, and I will occupy my time with other things until I "feel" ready again to step up to the plate. At least Lykke walked away with the uber of the night, as well as others getting hofs. I got one too for 858 I think, but it wasn't enough to balance out the run. :(

On an ending note ... I apologize that I missed your bribe, and perhaps next time we meet up we can entertain this discussion again. I think once exposed is enough, but having another pic of you in something other than briefs just might be a good thing. ;)

Ciao till the bribe session! :silly2:

*We'll see about the "spelling" thingy another time ... AND ... I don't sleep with teddybears! ... oh, and MA? ... get the (M) thong out there please ... we want equal eye candy!*

Last edited:
... BE AT THE SAKURA TC AT 04:00 AND JOIN THE PARTY!!! :yay:

I would love to join the party, but 04.00 MA time is 06.00 my time...:(

In any case have fun and I hope you all have many golden swirlies! Gratz to everyone for the globals and HOFS!!! :yay:

Cheers :beerchug:

I would love to join the party, but 04.00 MA time is 06.00 my time...:(

In any case have fun and I hope you all have many golden swirlies! Gratz to everyone for the globals and HOFS!!! :yay:

Cheers :beerchug:

You nutbar ... that was last night! :laugh: Even though I had my first really crappy run in a very long time, it's not to say that I won't be at the Sakura TC during my usual time (04:00 MA time) and trying something less risky. Besides, it's often a good time to connect with Auktuma for a mind-bending philosophical conversation (such as last night), and that makes it worth being ingame. He speaks in riddles at times, and challenges my mental capacity to interpret such, which is something I absolutely love to do. I have become quite adept at these riddle-laden conversations with Auk, and look forward to them. :D

ANYway ... since you have taken up crafting my dear socmate, perhaps we could schedule a session during your regular ingame time (20:00 MA time I think), and see how we fair. We can get on Skype and be the crazies that we usually are while trying to pry the golden swirlies outta the ATH machine. :silly2:

Catch up with you soon! :wtg:

You nutbar ... that was last night! :laugh: Even though I had my first really crappy run in a very long time, it's not to say that I won't be at the Sakura TC during my usual time (04:00 MA time) and trying something less risky. Besides, it's often a good time to connect with Auktuma for a mind-bending philosophical conversation (such as last night), and that makes it worth being ingame. He speaks in riddles at times, and challenges my mental capacity to interpret such, which is something I absolutely love to do. I have become quite adept at these riddle-laden conversations with Auk, and look forward to them. :D

ANYway ... since you have taken up crafting my dear socmate, perhaps we could schedule a session during your regular ingame time (20:00 MA time I think), and see how we fair. We can get on Skype and be the crazies that we usually are while trying to pry the golden swirlies outta the ATH machine. :silly2:

Catch up with you soon! :wtg:

Lol :laugh:

I just finished a session at the Sakura terminal, and managed a couple of gobals, no HOFs this time. I did warm up the machine for you though. :)

I will arrange a date next week and let you know ;)

Cheers :hug:

Lol :laugh:

I just finished a session at the Sakura terminal, and managed a couple of gobals, no HOFs this time. I did warm up the machine for you though. :)

I will arrange a date next week and let you know ;)

Cheers :hug:

Excellent ... and sounds like a plan indeed ... looking forward to it! :yay:

:hug: - backatcha! ;)

Thanks for the reply MS9 !!

L O V E I T :yay:

You are more typical of my brother than you realise - your response was excellent and very much to the point - YET !! - :rolleyes: sooooo deeeeeep !!

(the description of my brother seems to fit "a typical - University - head up in the clouds - never been 'down to earth' response !!) - ahhh so many storys there too !! BTW - DO NOT take that as literally applying to you - you are very different from my brother - very different - in a VERY NICE way !!

I have no doubt that everything you said is correct and professionally based but you grossly (over ? / under ?) estimate me - I have an extremely light approach to life almost to the point of being flippent.

It has driven managers to distraction - even lead to the loss of a hi-tech job at a bad age (though dirty politics was the main component there).

I suspect that being right brain dominant (left handed) has a lot to do with it - certainly until someone pointed this out to me a few years ago, I did not realise what made me good in many things but bad in others. (a life story in itself).

As for my brother and myself - suffice to say that even in our late 50's our mother had to step between the two of us at our father's funeral - as my brother had said something soooo pompous and insulting that it was all I could do to NOT thump him (a pay back for all the bullying I received from him till at 15 when I learned judo - another story - very amusing too - a pure accident had him terrified of my "prowess" in martial arts !!)

Fundamentally I am a non-conformist - I have always pushed the boundaries of social norms and this would have been a contributing factor in my divorce.

Why am I like that ? - I am totallly confident that in your professional standing and understanding - the answer would be both valid yet hard - extremely hard - for me to stomach.

For me - far too many ppl take life far too seriously - I just try to turn everything into humour to offset the deep and "meaningful" which all too often does not matter a damn - a smile - a joke - a wink - a knock against social norms - THAT is what makes ppl sit up and think - and think about what REALLY MATTERS - very little (IMHO) !!

Life is wayyyy too short to be taken so seriously - none of us have the time to WASTE on the non essentials - bringing a smile - a raised eyebrow - a "what the ....." reaction from others FORCES ppl out of their comfort zone - it is ONLY then that we can all really question what really matters in life - again - VERY LITTLE !!

For me - the love of a German Shepherd is the most important - simply because a dog's affection (not mine !!) is so pure, so innocent, so UNCONDITIONAL.

Human beings ? - possibly the biggest disaster that has ever braced the surface of this earth - manipulative, self centred, CONDITIONAL associations with fellow 'man' - AGGRESSIVE - OBSESSED - VENGEFUL - ONE EYED ..... (whatever).

How much better would this world be if we all accepted one anothers differences without judgement - THAT possibly is THE single most important thing I have learned (from - at times - serious mistakes and blunders) in my walk through life.

So - what REALLY makes me different from others - NOTHING - BUT ..... I can and do say....

"Been there - Done that - A N D - SURVIVED"

Change of tone !! ("phew" says all readers !)

The bribe - SORRY - strictly a one off - my fault - you were there but by the time I had composed the msg to you - you had gone !! Anyway the bribe was to stifle info about me - no stifle - no bribe !! Also - I very much doubt that a ONE Ped bribe would have stifled the info !!

Not to worry - I have indeed changed my image - I have chosen my MOST NEUTRAL - BLEND INTO the CROWD - VERY CONSERVATIVE - (out / inner / under ? !!) fit to wear - I will pass through Sakura Trading Centre and hardly even be recorded as a passing shadow .....

GUARANTEED ........ (? !!) ....

OF COURSE ....... ....... ....... NOT !!

my "proof read" reaction:-

oooooooppppsss - wayyy too much information - I MUST ring my granddaughter and ask her how to erase this (soon to be) post !! - but - what do I know - I am just a .......

(DUMB Aussie) DOG !!

I LOVED YOUR POST TOO!! :yay: :yay:

To my "Dog" ... we are MORE alike than you could EVER imagine my dear! You have NO idea how much your post warmed the cockles (ok, maybe I shouldn't say that) of my heart. :D

I SOOOOOOOO agree ... that we get enormously caught up in crap that doesn't matter, and most is a result of "conditioning" that absolutely drives me NUTS (no pun intended). I all but stand at the pulpit preaching to my students about how much they let "real" life get away from them as a result of getting caught up in what society "tells" them they should be like, rather than discovering their own authentic selves. Also, that we DO take life far too seriously, and there's not enough laughter, or enjoyment of the simple things that we have SO gotten away from over time. :(

And guess what? ... I'm actually an "oddball" in the scheme of things, because while I have this higher education (yes, I can be deep), and have the professional standing that I do, I am SO far removed from the stereotype it isn't funny. I actually bring it down to earth in my classrooms, and challenge my students to "get real" ... and more often than not, shock them with my "get down" attitude with today's generation. In order to help them step out of the superficial existence that many of them inhabit, I have to show that I understand where they're coming from, and I make every effort possible from a place of pure genuineness, to level the playing field so that we make progress.

By the end of the 14-week term, I have students evolved to a level of more effectiveness than they ever expected, who have learned not to judge, nor draw false conclusions, but rather to explore the uniqueness of each individual they meet. Also, to not be so serious, and so wrapped up in things that are quite meaningless, and that have no place in defining who they are. :wtg:

So that we don't get TOO carried away ... I'm off to send you a PM, so read it, and see where we go from there. :D

Short response to MS9 - for the sake of other readers

Hi MS9,

One advantage of old age - is a "trained" gut feeling about ppl which is a development of our gut feelings but guided by lifes experiences too.

** note ** if anyone wants to know of other advantages of OLD age - I'll have to think long and hard - don't expect any quick answers !!

Your response very readily fits the type of person I would expect you to be - good to meet someone who thinks like I do - too few of us !!

I had formed a picture of you before coming here - so your profile which shreaks "beware of a 'my brother' type of person" quite simply did not fit with my image of you. Neither of course did your first post to me.

Your last post to me .... :yay: .... does you proud - GREAT to hear of the impact you have on your students - WELL DONE.

(Aussie) DOG !!

hahaa, yes, sakura trade center is also my virtual home, its got it all, the nice atmos, nice peeps, and i know the auctioneer, he gives discount :silly2:

And just a length of an standard pissing from my apartment at sachi condos...

MUHahahahhahahah :laugh::laugh: so funny pictures MindStar :D

And it was really fun to join you all again! The air is popping with swirlies in Sakura and it looks like the "crafting club" is expanding. And this time again it shows you can count in Lootius! Right after your 800pedder I got a nice 1500 pedder on my last 25 bombs!!! :yay: Don't you just LOVE IT???

Big Hugs!
:shower:

Lykke

Wow, my Sun, amazing story, much fun. And brave company you got arround there :p I'm badly worried some servers will be taken from other areas to support Sakura events :) Lets hope there will be free space to drop my PMT there. Thanks, Purple Godess, and have fun, people. Cool time when Purple arround :D. Keep mood arriving.

My Sun, please be careful on crafting mood having slider on "condition", hehe ;) I know it's not yet at full condition and good to know that. Skill gain rate is so attractive and sweet ATHs on condition.

/auk

Wow, my Sun, amazing story, much fun. And brave company you got arround there :p I'm badly worried some servers will be taken from other areas to support Sakura events :) Lets hope there will be free space to drop my PMT there. Thanks, Purple Godess, and have fun, people. Cool time when Purple arround :D. Keep mood arriving.

My Sun, please be careful on crafting mood having slider on "condition", hehe ;) I know it's not yet at full condition and good to know that. Skill gain rate is so attractive and sweet ATHs on condition.

/auk

My Dear Auk ... having you in the house at the Sakura TC (if you are so inclined) would be an absolute honor ... if in fact that's what I'm getting from your post, but nonetheless ... if dropping your PMT there means that you will be present in some way, shape, or form, then we will certainly reserve a space, without question. ;) At any rate ... having you join us one night during our group crafting would be a hoot ... it's lots of fun. Oh, and based on watching the chat window, it doesn't seem that there is any strain whatsoever on other servers, so I think we're safe. :D However, if the Sakura Crafting Club continues to grow, then that may present a different story, but we'll cross that purple bridge when we get to it. :silly2: And btw ... we usually meet up at 04:00 MA time for the group session! :wtg:

Purple is ... mystical and spiritual, royal and noble. It's a combination of hot red and cool blue, and was Cleopatra's favorite color ... maybe that's why I'm so drawn to Egyptian history. Also, a purple room can boost a child's imagination, or an artist's creativity ... so ya, purple definitely enhances the mood, and when I'm lurking about, you can bet that I'll do everything in my purple power to make sure that everyone has a good time. And just for a little purple fun ...

purplebumpersticker-1.jpg

purplebumpersticker-2.jpg

purplet-shirt.jpg

Yes, I discovered the purple store ... and I have to restrain myself from going there too often. :laugh: It's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. :wise:

ANYway ... thank you Auk for not only being a wonderful crafting mentor, but also for the incredible chats we have now and then when we can find the time. I so love them, because they are inspiring, and quite thought-provoking. I look forward to the continued friendship, which I treasure immensely. :D

Now ... I am off to finish responding in a PM to another special friend, and then put together the third crafting party thread of frolic and fun from last night (Thurs). :wtg:

Catch everyone later! :yay:

hahaa, yes, sakura trade center is also my virtual home, its got it all, the nice atmos, nice peeps, and i know the auctioneer, he gives discount :silly2:

And just a length of an standard pissing from my apartment at sachi condos...

OH REDNEXI - Have I ever got some BAD news for you - obviously I am older than you - YET - I can remember those - Oh so embarrassing to remember - 'around the age of Puberty' contests !!

We (boys) would gather around and have contests over who could get the longest distances whilst ....... (oops - stop there - way too much info !!)

Bad news ? - If your ability to travel from the TC to your Condo is measured by such a ... um .... 'standard' ( !! ) - then you are going to have extremely serious problems getting home in your ... um .... more mature years !!!

Rest easy on that - I KNOW !!

(very OLD in body but STILL the boy at heart) DOG !!

p.s. - HEY !! - just read your small print - it is all very well getting a discount but it is at MY expense - Auctioner charges me MORE because of the way I (un) dress !!

Last edited:
OH REDNEXI - Have I ever got some BAD news for you - obviously I am older than you - YET - I can remember those - Oh so embarrassing to remember - 'around the age of Puberty' contests !!

We (boys) would gather around and have contests over who could get the longest distances whilst ....... (oops - stop there - way too much info !!)

Bad news ? - If your ability to travel from the TC to your Condo is measured by such a ... um .... 'standard' ( !! ) - then you are going to have extremely serious problems getting home in your ... um .... more mature years !!!

Rest easy on that - I KNOW !!

(very OLD in body but STILL the boy at heart) DOG !!

Do we now have a new voice of wisdom? ;) ... you guys are funny, BUT ... I have to say that while I now have the apt in the Sachi Bldg next to the trade center, I would be hard pressed to ... well, you get the picture I think. :rolleyes:

Enough contests and visualizing ... I am ready to go make the new thread for our crafting party #3 from last night (Thurs), so off I go and it should be up soon. Thanks again to all who help to make these group sessions so much fun ... and to our resident Aussie "Dog" who brings on the flash! :silly2:

I'll be ingame at 04:00 MA time ... but again, not sure how long I'll stay, because I have beacon marathons to attend on Saturday, and one starts early. :wtg:

Later! :yay:

Back