Suggestion: Remove cap on auction order for season box?

Agree, I just filled his order with 1 box.... Things got a bit messi after that, if you know what i mean ;)

429,496.00 PED worth of orders... I guess he took his ped out of his pedcard for the 1 million ped screenshot! haha

It really makes no sense at all. If there was no cap. ppl would push up prices. Meaning hunters would get more MU, now it is just limited to one guy. the guy with the ped. This should be changed!

It really makes no sense at all. If there was no cap. ppl would push up prices. Meaning hunters would get more MU, now it is just limited to one guy. the guy with the ped. This should be changed!
and should be changed soon !

not after event finishes.

I cant see a big point in that.
we have 2 orders in AH for 2.147 PED per box
that is wonderful in my opinioon, it is like a TT price....
fast cash you get 2.15 ped... i remember many sales at 1.85 last events
street price is 3? sell to a twinpeak trader
you want 5 ped? put a sell order.....
want to buy for more =? goto trade channel and write "i pay mroe than ah"

I cant see a big point in that.
we have 2 orders in AH for 2.147 PED per box
that is wonderful in my opinioon, it is like a TT price....
fast cash you get 2.15 ped... i remember many sales at 1.85 last events
street price is 3? sell to a twinpeak trader
you want 5 ped? put a sell order.....
want to buy for more =? goto trade channel and write "i pay mroe than ah"
You cant see the bigger picture here? No one can make a higher price then messi. I would do a much higher price if i could put an order higher then 2.147ped. Some ppl dont use trade channels at all. The price cant reach its full value, As the market is locked to a price to order for.

You cant see the bigger picture here? No one can make a higher price then messi. I would do a much higher price if i could put an order higher then 2.147ped. Some ppl dont use trade channels at all. The price cant reach its full value, As the market is locked to a price to order for.
i just see that the usual mantra is on the bidder not on be bid. not worth to read further to me.
peace

EDITED : I realized after some post that all was to report that there is a "feature" on number representation that made a "hard cap" on the value
the FIFO structure of order or the "biggest first" was the issue.
i apologize for my had comprehension

Last edited:
If you can sell for any price, you should be able to order for any price, but what im saying is that the orders on ah is locked to 2.147ped/box. And the person who has the most ped and can make the biggest order in x amount = wins. Instead ppl should be able to order for any number. 3ped/box, but for some reason it is fixed. It should not be

i just see that the usual mantra is on the bidder not on be bid. not worth to read further to me.
peace
The problem here is through manipulating a game mechanic the bid poster has created a monopoly has stalled the market. Nothing to do with the price being too low or high or any other argument. This is anti-competitive behaviour brought on by bad game design.

i re-thinked to this thread.
ok, cap must be removed. in the meantime can be rewoaked also the "way to price"
this silly 2 billion markup% should be converted in PED terms with a 1 pec increment
that way looking at AH we would not see a stupid > 999.9999% but 2.15 ped that is
wasy eayer to understand.
rising MU to say first digit 9 would be enouth?
that would allow a max price of about 10 ped...
i made a trial on about 500 boxes. with items dropped i averaged the content to Ammo +2.08 so to me 2.14 is not worth already :)
suppose i dont ahve a gambler attitude.

Thx for info didnt know this .

It's not an intentional limit, 2147480000 is roughly the biggest signed integer you can represent with 32 bit. It's more like sloppy programming or engine limitation.

Someone tell MA to go unsigned (negative markup makes no sense) or even better to use 64 bit (welcome to the 21st century...).

O2 out, peace.

Last edited:
Could someone please elaborate? I just placed an order for 99k of them ( as a test) and it went through fine. Presumably if you wanted to offer more MU then a sale would catch on your order first, but equal MU would go to the larger one, is that the issue?

Maybe some one can send a message to our most respected uber and point him to this "error"?
Then, MA can fix this. And we're all happy again!

Could someone please elaborate? I just placed an order for 99k of them ( as a test) and it went through fine. Presumably if you wanted to offer more MU then a sale would catch on your order first, but equal MU would go to the larger one, is that the issue?
You can't make an order pay more than 21474800.00% so boxes always go to the order offering the highest quantity, an unavoidable advantage for people with huge pedcards.

But there's no conspiracy here, it's just a limitation of how MA decided to store and/or represent markup data.

Ah I see! Even when you set the MU higher, it automatically reduces the MU to that number.

So I made an order at higher MU, and it defaulted to the 214.....

Last edited:
Strangely i remember having sold to orders that gave a higher price per box - is this a bug from a recent patch ?

Yes Bonnie, the issue here is no matter what you do. You cant make an order higher then 2.147ped/box. So who ever has the biggest ped card wins. We should be able to make an order for any price. Example 3p/box or 4p/box. So the market can run free.

Strangely i remember having sold to orders that gave a higher price per box - is this a bug from a recent patch ?
Nope, been like this forever

It's not an intentional limit, 2147480000 is roughly the biggest signed integer you can represent with 32 bit. It's more like sloppy programming or engine limitation.

Someone tell MA to go unsigned (negative markup makes no sense) or even better to use 64 bit (welcome to the 21st century...).

O2 out, peace.

Yeah, exactly: 2^31 = 2 147 483 648.
The solution is to go to 64 bit, not unsigned.

Also, wouldn't surprise me if this is also the biggest order you can ever make.
Can't be a coincidence that: 2^32/10000 = 429 496.7296 ? (isn't 1/10000 PED the smallest unit of the currency?)
Seems like an unsigned 32 bit int is used here though :)
Agree, I just filled his order with 1 box.... Things got a bit messi after that, if you know what i mean ;)

429,496.00 PED worth of orders... I guess he took his ped out of his pedcard for the 1 million ped screenshot! haha

This explains why ive never seen an order for higher amount. Good to know. And yes this should be fixed.

I see an easy hotfix....
multiply x 10 the TT value of a box... it allows prices go to up to 21 ped each
and all in all having a drop of 1/1000.000 th of a ped or 1 / 100.000th of a ped is not a big issue for MA

waw..
I don't think the problem is in the bits. They just seem to use float instead of double. This format gives errors after the 7th character behind the floating point, therefore it is written in the string with zeros. What is calculated is on the server, what we see is a string / word.
SCAM!!

waw..
I don't think the problem is in the bits. They just seem to use float instead of double. This format gives errors after the 7th character behind the floating point, therefore it is written in the string with zeros. What is calculated is on the server, what we see is a string / word.
SCAM!!
You never ever use floating points numbers for currency related things.
It might be converted to a float before presentation but I'm pretty sure the backend uses integers.

You never ever use floating points numbers for currency related things.
It might be converted to a float before presentation but I'm pretty sure the backend uses integers.

MA is not a banker. EU is a game.

See this post again...

Please everyone make a support case and submit it! MA dont react if you dont do that!

Thanks to everyone who did!

STOP THE EXPLOIT!

Yeah, should be fixed. I created a ticket earlier today.

Yeah, should be fixed. I created a ticket earlier today.

"We will strive to respond to you within 48 hours. During times of high load, it may take a little longer but rest assured that we will help you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience."

TitleIdCreatedUpdatedState
xxxxx4056652021-07-17 Open
xxxx4056202021-07-15Open

It is not easy in high heat from the sun on the beach.
Really be more patient and tolerant please!

Hey Rick, express my empathy when you see someone on the beach please.

Back