Looking for a mentor

Manitou

Young
Angry Manitou Terrier
I played this ... "game" some years ago, before CryEngine and for awhile after. Why I left and why I wanted to try it again are not important, but after just a couple of days as a noob (again! LOL) I see some things are the same, but a lot is different. I never had a mentor my first go round with Entropia, it wasn't part of the game yet. But I was a mentor once and it was one of the best experiences I had playing.

Info: Angry Manitou Terrier F avatar, M irl. Central North America time zone ... not that it matters to me much, I'm retired so I do what I want at whatever time of day I want. I have online friends from Norway to Singapore. Hunting, mining, crafting, a little bit of everything. I'm interested in a society, too, so if you have anything to say about that, I'll listen.

The thing is, aside from changes in the game itself, information about this game has changed. Maybe due to a smaller player base, but there are fewer forums and the ones there are have such old posts. Many links in wikipedia are too old and broken. Not as many current YouTube videos ... 6-10 year old videos are not so helpful. There's Discord, and I'm keeping an eye out there, but so far not much helpful.

Sooooo ... What do you think?

If you hold right click on an empty space, in game, a menu will pop up.
Now you can hover any of 4 options. Look for "System" > "Mentor Register".
There you will find a public record of mentors.

It contains:
1. Mentors presentation. (people tend to explain their approach, active hours, what do they expect from you, what you can expect from them, etc)
2. Number of disciples succesfully mentored by this person.
3. Rating (1 to 5 stars) that disciples rank their mentor after graduating.

Please, contact a mentor you like, before applying for the mentorship, to have a chat.
Some arent active anymore. Some might not be what you are looking for your mentoring.

You would be better off looking for a Society to join first. There are well established ones with a good reputation. When you have found your feet there you can look for a Mentor. Ask around amongst your Soc mates.

Something seems to be up with the Society terminals atm. And, I can't really do much research since there is so little info on the interwebs. Back int he olden days, many societies had websites or other such links where you could view their outlook, their requirements, just picking a soc. because you like the name isn't a good plan.

Something seems to be up with the Society terminals atm. And, I can't really do much research since there is so little info on the interwebs. Back int he olden days, many societies had websites or other such links where you could view their outlook, their requirements, just picking a soc. because you like the name isn't a good plan.
Hit F11 on your keyboard and this will show all society related information.

Back