Help: Judges Thread for WoF 2010

Rayne Jade

Marauder
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Rayne Jade Blackmoore
Greetings all :thumbup: Hurrikane always says it best:

Hi to all who judged the last three years; the job's open again, pays the same (lol) and I'd love to hear from you

To anyone who fancies a go for the first time; say hi here and we'll see about getting you a slot

Hurrikane

So... if you can count to 10 without taking off your shoes, we could use the help. Mainly, just stand around and watch the global chat for... you guessed it... GLOBALS. The Main Teams will usually have an embedded judge, so when the Main Team globals you as the judge get the swirlies too (and we all see it as well). The Support Team is more challenging because there are usually more than 1 per country and no embedded judge.

Matches last 3 hours and are held on the weekends. All the judges work together to get the most accurate scores compiled in the quickest time. The teams should know the scores before leaving the hunt.

Best of all, it's free... you will not spend any PED in the course of judging a WoF match :thumbup:

Let us know if you are available... questions are welcome.

How about using Entropiatracker? Or is it too unreliable, still? :scratch2:

Or the logging of the global chat could also easily be searched for the Globals with WoF team+country names

How about using Entropiatracker? Or is it too unreliable, still? :scratch2:

Or the logging of the global chat could also easily be searched for the Globals with WoF team+country names

Humans are still better. Tracker can (and has been) spoofed unfortunately. There have been cases during WoF where Chopper and I saw a global, but it did not appear in Hurrikane's chat... There are flaws, but with the judges and interaction with the teams during the hunts we tend to get it right 99% of the time.

I shall be kicking about as usual :)

Humans are still better. Tracker can (and has been) spoofed unfortunately. There have been cases during WoF where Chopper and I saw a global, but it did not appear in Hurrikane's chat... There are flaws, but with the judges and interaction with the teams during the hunts we tend to get it right 99% of the time.

So best is toplace the judges on different servers to get a backup for not transfered globals.

What about the global chat log? Also unreliable?

I have stranges work timetable, but if not busy competing with the Squadra Italia I would be happy to help judging... it's a new task for me for sure, anyway I have 3 WoF, as captain, experience.

I'll lend a hand here and there again :)

Correct, see below.

ROFL, Gratz to your selective reading styl....

1. If not in global chat log it will be 99% also not shown on screen...

2. To circumvent that one sees the global another one not I mentioned in my second response to place the judges on different server to cope with crappy communication between MA servers.

But I leave it to you and will not make any suggestions as I see you already have your plan set in stone.

ROFL, Gratz to your selective reading styl....

1. If not in global chat log it will be 99% also not shown on screen...

2. To circumvent that one sees the global another one not I mentioned in my second response to place the judges on different server to cope with crappy communication between MA servers.

But I leave it to you and will not make any suggestions as I see you already have your plan set in stone.

OK... this is not personal and I am not attacking you. Please don't read anything into my statement. I did leave some info out so I can see how you misunderstood. I will try again:

All the judges meet at the designated Start Point for each hunt. All the Main Teams meet there as well. At the appointed time, the GO GO GO order is given and the hunt clock starts. From that point until 3 hours later, all globals scored on the proper mobs count.

During the 3 hour hunt, Team Members can come and go as they please. A member leaving must check out at the Start Point with the judges to avoid the MIA penalty. A new member must check in with the judges to avoid disqualification for the hunt. Because of that, all judges are in the same place so that all the judges can see what is happening. The Main Team (or anyone for that matter) knows where the judges are. They have enough to worry about without having to remember if the judge for Australia is at Twin Peaks or Cayuze. There are more than enough PM boxes open without adding to it by opening more boxes for the judges.

Each team is asked (not required) to take screenshots of each score. If there is a disagreement about the score, that team is welcome to post the screenshot to backup their claim. Proper screenshot = points awarded. If the team agrees with the score the judges have, no worries and see you in two weeks.

Apologies for leaving out the entire process... I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

What about the global chat log? Also unreliable?

If someone could write an application to automatically read the chat log, in the same way that tracker does, and calculate all the scores in real time, that would be very useful.

However I would suggest it should be something that runs alongside the current 'humanised' system, at least to begin with.

It would be, at the very least, a useful cross-check, and, if proved reliable, perhaps in the future it could be used to create a live scoreboard on a web page.

When does WoF Start again as I am (on current planning) Available from Feb and would be happy to be a judge

When does WoF Start again as I am (on current planning) Available from Feb and would be happy to be a judge

The message I got from the Boss (Hurrikane) said:

Closest Saturday to 10 FEB 2010... so that's Saturday, 13 FEB 2010 (times slots to be determined).

I'm in ... as long as we are allowed to be together at one place ;)

There is one point RJ didn't mention: This job would be really boring without this special judge-talks, the judge-global-invocations, the bad judge-jokes about the competants, all this hundreds of golden swirlies and so on.

The judging court can be a social place with a lot of fun. Only thing we hardly missed all the years: beer! :D

well if feb and at weekends then i am up to do judging but in CET so time slot for that would be best

hit me up on PM here if I am needed

I'm in ... as long as we are allowed to be together at one place ;)

There is one point RJ didn't mention: This job would be really boring without this special judge-talks, the judge-global-invocations, the bad judge-jokes about the competants, all this hundreds of golden swirlies and so on.

The judging court can be a social place with a lot of fun. Only thing we hardly missed all the years: beer! :D

With Jamira on this one :)

From the start of all of this back in the days, was it '06 or '07?, one of the best bits of WoF for me is the tense, jokey, comradely standing about in some far out place wondering if that red dot is something that is gonna eat us - or be meat for the campfire :)

With Jamira on this one :)

From the start of all of this back in the days, was it '06 or '07?, one of the best bits of WoF for me is the tense, jokey, comradely standing about in some far out place wondering if that red dot is something that is gonna eat us - or be meat for the campfire :)

:laugh: True.... I seem to recall someone from Team USA (not mentioning any names...) mobtrained us judges ;)

Hurrikane is known for picking some rather out-of-the-way locations for the Start Points. With the new landscape, I am looking forward to seeing what he has in store for us.

DaveFoz: Thanks! CET is noted and should not be a problem. If you can make it for a match, great... if you can't that's fine too. We are all volunteers and appreciate any help we can get.

if there is still help needed i would be more than happy to help. i should be available for any match i am need for.

I would like to offer my services as judge for WOF 2010
I did manage to get in on wof 2007 but only manage to judge 1-2 hunts due to conflict in my schedule.

also due to lack to computer issues, and gold card issues i wasnt able to participate in any way for WOF 2008 and 2009.

Now i have a new laptop, got my gold card issues fixed and i have a different schedule so should be able to do judging on several hunts.

Like all previous WOF i havnt been able to have the ped-flow to actually hunt for WOF so this is perhaps the best way i can participate and contribute :)

if there is still help needed i would be more than happy to help. i should be available for any match i am need for.

I would like to offer my services as judge for WOF 2010
I did manage to get in on wof 2007 but only manage to judge 1-2 hunts due to conflict in my schedule.

also due to lack to computer issues, and gold card issues i wasnt able to participate in any way for WOF 2008 and 2009.

Now i have a new laptop, got my gold card issues fixed and i have a different schedule so should be able to do judging on several hunts.

Like all previous WOF i havnt been able to have the ped-flow to actually hunt for WOF so this is perhaps the best way i can participate and contribute :)

Awesome :thumbup: Thanks for stepping up. At this point, stay tuned. The Qualifiers are the round we need judges the most (last year there were 14 teams hunting at once :eek:).

I doubt i'll be done selling out by then so I should be able to help... that's if I manage to make it to the starting point without guns, tp chip and eventually skills :scratch2:

I saw this two days ago:

2010.01.09_011.jpg

Nice idea! Hopefully it'll help :)

Hey ho to all the Judges old and new. Sorry I've not been online as much as I should be, our position on the property ladder is still some distance from the actual ladder and out in the sticks I can't get my USB modem to get more than browsing speeds, if it works at all. I'll be on a borrowed set-up for the actual matches though (thanks dew-drop:)) so all should be well, just a fair bit of driving for me:)

Please read all the new rules and remember them if you can, the first matches are usually a bit chaotic. See you at Tethys Creek for Stage One:)

Hurrikane

Allooo all,
I have not played much the last year, so i am a bit rusty and got some other things keeping me busy...

But if i am at home and able, i will bring the beer and help out writing stuff with wood and other things and talk crap to the judges and oh yea, i will help out judging.

MP

Anyone heard from Mack and making a new Excel sheets this year?

MAAAAAAAAAACK!?

... ???

Anyone heard from Mack and making a new Excel sheets this year?

MAAAAAAAAAACK!?

... ???

I had mentioned it a while back, before we started the WoF 2010 Forum. Mainly I was asking if he would be available. Now that we are looking at different scoring / bonus scenarios and an additional mob for Support it will be different. I did some tweaking of his model from last year and by all my testing it seems to work fine. I would be happy to let others test it (hint hint).

PM me an email addy, and I will send it.

Mack has his hands on my scoresheet... there were errors :cry: (not surprised). Once we get it right, we will distribute it to whoever would like to use it.

Also, the first 5 hunts of WoF 2010 will have all teams hunting. This means we need Judges... so bumping for Judges ;)

Thanks to those that have already volunteered... of course we understand each of you cannot be there for all matches and some of you will be hunting for your team as well... no worries.

Allooo all,
I have not played much the last year, so i am a bit rusty and got some other things keeping me busy...

But if i am at home and able, i will bring the beer and help out writing stuff with wood and other things and talk crap to the judges and oh yea, i will help out judging.

MP

WATCH THE LEFT SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sniper:

OOOooooi, Chopper, keep an eye on the south....

Oh no, it is a chirpy on the left... he is going for our beer.... i need my camo !!!!

Chopper.... chopper.... what happen to chopper ????

We need you buddy !!!

Back