What really happenned at the orb...24/11/07

Quebecer

Guardian
Society
WildD3amons Academy
Etienne
I don,t understand why people say Nothing really happenned...

We have got spawns of Argos Leader, Raider, Raider Elite, Scavenger, Scavenger Elite, Warrior.
At 19:20, Big lag and server down.
At 19:25, Server is back and people relog.
And at 19:30, We've got a big spawn with Mesis and Ludark.
19:45, All mobs were killed (including Mesis and Ludark)
19:50, Big lag and server down.
19:55, Server is back and people relog and there is no more spawns.

** Except the 19:30, all the times are approximative. Server down may have been at 19:23 instead of 19:25... **

I have screenshots but I am unable to upload in the Gallery.. So if anyone can help...

Indeed, something did happen. It was a lot of fun during the time it lasted, but most people - including me, expected a lot more from such a big event. I can understand why most people only think this is a big server-test, as that's what it appears to be.

I thought the final event would be a long event, not the same old one hour spawn with thousands of Argonauts. We aren't going to wait around for hours to hunt a few mobs in an event which doesn't last more than an hour. Really, this could have been done a lot better.

I remember the old Robot events, now those were fun! The Jamraiders used to invade the town at first, disabling the turrets in the different cities, this was often followed up by a small robot attack, and it always ended with an invasion of high-end robots such as the Warlock.

As the note events drew to a close I was thinking how this would all end, part of me hoped for something interesting that everyone could take part in but sadly MA was in control of it and were severly limited by the EU engine.

Of all the large events that have happened while I've been in EU all have been hunting based with a variation in mob but essentially the same.

This event as a whole was a partial success but in my view the ending left a lot to be desired. I wish MA had learnt from the first note event lag fest but unfortunately they didn't.

damn! it's really over? and the orb is still up as for the statue? pissing me off

Rakash, Ludark, Mesis,... impressive innovation, really... go on... :computer:

What about Kirby, the Kerberos leader... (>^^)>

Really so hard to buy/get a new mob design from Alf Svensson to make us happy ? :confused:

At least a nicely done NEW mob design would have been making this "event" way more interesting, then using the crippled Argonaut model 3 times.

And days before... hogglos and eomon at the Orb...I mean...wtf ? :/

And the Orb ? What about good old EBN News on the client ? Not just a "Orb = Bad hmmkay? = "drop-tons-o-various-mobs". (Story?!) :S

What about Saya King ?

Oh my...where is Nexus6 when I want to talk about "The good old days" ? :(

Last edited:
Rakash, Ludark, Mesis,... impressive innovation, really... go on... :computer:

What about Kirby, the Kerberos leader... (>^^)>

Really so hard to buy/get a new mob design from Alf Svensson to make us happy ? :confused:

At least a nicely done NEW mob design would have been making this "event" way more interesting, then using the crippled Argonaut model 3 times.

And days before... hogglos and eomon at the Orb...I mean...wtf ? :/

And the Orb ? What about good old EBN News on the client ? Not just a "Orb = Bad hmmkay? = "drop-tons-o-various-mobs". (Story?!) :S

What about Saya King ?

Oh my...where is Nexus6 when I want to talk about "The good old days" ? :(

Lol, McCormick, you sound so impressed with MA's event :).

Ok, so yes, some stuff has happened, but i'm not impressed at all so far. I think the events haven't been progressing compared to the others. One step forward, 2 steps back. Too much lag, too many server crashes and too much loot lag. Almost looks like an MA server stress test...

And so we wait for some more news on the orb and hope that the next phase will be better :).

I would be ok with a :

"EBN NEWS :
Server Stress Test at coords xxxx by xxxx at 20:00 MA time. Come all(!) and see things that dont belong to PE and watch various (test)mobs spawn to finally crash the server
"

That would be honest at least :(

I remember the old Robot events, now those were fun! The Jamraiders used to invade the town at first, disabling the turrets in the different cities, this was often followed up by a small robot attack, and it always ended with an invasion of high-end robots such as the Warlock.

Oh yea :)

And I got called childish for whining...praise these days !!!

wow! u been playing long time! lol judging by longevity ...I to remember the days of PE but joined forum some year or so l8er...

I read about those when i 1st joined eu, and hope'd for years a similar thing would happen, and tbh it would solve the whole apathy asssociated with so called events these days

in my soc yesterday someone said "anyone seen the orb today"

reponses "dont care", "dont care", "dont care", "*" lol I dont think my soc is very different to most lol

i think if someone said , "there's a old style robot invasion going on at twin!" responses "I'll make team", "OMW", "OMW", "OMW", "OMW", "OMW", "OMW" :)

It's good to know that something indeed happened... Even though I missed it... Oh well... There'll always be more server tests... I can only imagine the tests that would be carried out on the planet servers in 08...

- Nightwolf

I would be ok with a :

"EBN NEWS :
Server Stress Test at coords xxxx by xxxx at 20:00 MA time. Come all(!) and see things that dont belong to PE and watch various (test)mobs spawn to finally crash the server
"

That would be honest at least :(

Yep, completely agree. Instead of the complaining that inevitably comes after the various non-events, this style of approach would not raise anyones hopes but instead forewarn all participants of the 'events' meaning and thus eliminate any ill feeling afterwards. Those participating would be doing so in the full knowledge of 'why' they were participating.

My 18 months in game have been filled with drivel concerning the story lines, events have been ridden with the most horrible lag issues ever experienced inside a mmorp and the anti-climax to each of these non-events has left me with a feeling of resentment at ever participating.

I didnt participate in this recent event. I didnt want to feel let down again.

Why not just create a HUGE mob, and i mean 1 unique, huge buggering demon from the deep or from the sky, that takes a massive amount of ammo to slay, and instead of all loot going to the team or person tht kills it, its damage determines between every avatar that partakes in its slaying with perhaps an nice item to the most damage team or participant. And of course forewarn that its a test issue and not some patheticly put together excuse of a story.

Back