What Floats your Media Boat, At this Very Second :)

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Since we have a thread for music I thought it only fair we have one for Film & TV as well. I don't think there is a good word that includes movies and television. I settled for media for now...

Anyway please feel free to share whatever film or tv your into at the moment. Hopefully this thread will serve multiple purposes:
1) When your stuck for ideas on what to watch could refer to this thread
2) This thread could be the longest thread on the internet! I know the music one has a head start but on it often people just have Youtube video without any text, hence makes it less effective
3) Please try to type the name of the Film or TV show for a number of reasons e.g. Sometimes in some countries a youtube video can be blocked and not others (so if it's blocked for you at least you know what the video is and can do your own search for it), sometimes videos can disappear for a number of reasons (e.g. author deletes it!), helps with point 2 above
4) If people do type names of shows and films they are watching that can "capture" random people from the internet to this forum. A kind of advertising as some may be curious what this forum is all about and look around. I know I sometimes do that when I land on a random not expected place on the internet...
5) Anything you may want to say about the film/show e.g. if it's adapted from a book or play, if it's inspired by real life events
6) Please mention which platform you saw it on
7) Anyway you don't need to do any of the above if you don't want. Those are merely suggestions...

I'm currently watching a series called, "The Twelve" the original and also the Australian version. The youtube video below is about the Australian version but does talk about the original as well.

In the UK the original version is available at the moment on Channel 4 (on demand).
The Australian version is available in UK on ITV (on demand).
By on demand I mean via their internet streaming services.

Edit:
Added point 6 and I promise not to add anymore !

Last edited:
@flowerbranch I saw that on prime and was considering watching it. Interesting how some computer games are being made into films/shows - good ones that is. I saw Halo a year or two ago and that was considerably better than I expected it to be.

@Arja At 5 minutes an episode I think I can make some time to watch that series :) Some short stories and things don't always feature in "mainstream" which is a shame because they can be well worth it.

@Arja At 5 minutes an episode I think I can make some time to watch that series :) Some short stories and things don't always feature in "mainstream" which is a shame because they can be well worth it.
Yes they are very short :giggle: It's amazing how much work they have put into it. Perhaps it's also a reel to showcase their talents.
I liked the Fallout series too. I played Fallout 4 game.

Added edit to first to add platform seen on. Thought this could be useful since so many platforms hard to sometimes find anything or remember where we saw what...

Anatomy of a Fall
Prime

Just finished watching this. I like it because it seems to be either based on a true story or a book. It's actually neither. However, whilst the characters are fictional the writer mentions she drew inspiration from true crime stories.

This was interesting I think because it's one of those situations where all theories or versions of what could have happened are inconclusive. So what happens in such situations? Difficult to talk more about it without spoilers so I'll stop here except I think the kid was very smart in this movie...

Added edit to first to add platform seen on. Thought this could be useful since so many platforms hard to sometimes find anything or remember where we saw what...

Anatomy of a Fall
Prime

Just finished watching this. I like it because it seems to be either based on a true story or a book. It's actually neither. However, whilst the characters are fictional the writer mentions she drew inspiration from true crime stories.

This was interesting I think because it's one of those situations where all theories or versions of what could have happened are inconclusive. So what happens in such situations? Difficult to talk more about it without spoilers so I'll stop here except I think the kid was very smart in this movie...
I seen this and thought was interesting. Thank you for sharing.

I wish Australia could see this movie.

Carnage

This one doesn't have any guns, car chases, explosions etc so the title may be a bit different from what you expect. However if you like to think and exercise your brain then you may find this an amusing drama. It's based on a play by one of the same writers on this film. I saw this on samsung tv plus...yes, every media company seems to have there own streaming service these days :)

@GeorgeSkywalker, unfortunately I can't answer that, as I haven't read the book myself. Just watched the American TV adaptation of the book and liked it. However, I have a friend who saw the Chinese TV version and thought it was good too. Without having read the book should be added. One day, maybe I'll take up book reading...

One day, maybe I'll take up book reading...

Oh no what have I done! god help us all :D

Joking, would recommend reading at least one book then you know what all the reading malarky is about :)

I would recommend the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy series. The books are definitely better than any movie/tv version I have seen and it's not too serious. Which is a kind of oxymoron because it deals with some serious topics like the classic answer to life...

Oh no what have I done! god help us all :D

Joking, would recommend reading at least one book then you know what all the reading malarky is about :)

I would recommend the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy series. The books are definitely better than any movie/tv version I have seen and it's not too serious. Which is a kind of oxymoron because it deals with some serious topics like the classic answer to life...
I have seen the 2005 film version of the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy with Martin Freeman. But I guess that doesn't count then. It wasn't the best I've seen with him to be honest, but sounds promising if the movie didn't do the book justice. So going up on my to-read list...it's getting quite long! ;) but thanks for the book tip! :thumbup:

The World's Fastest Indian

This is based on the true life story of Burt Monro.

Trivia:
Burt Munro's children visited the set one day, when, according to writer, producer, and director Roger Donaldson, "Tony (Sir Anthony Hopkins) was having a particularly good Burt day." His performance was so authentic that it moved them to tears.

I saw this on Samsung Tv Plus live tv

Back