overpriced

Petley

Old Alpha
Society
cK Coat Killers
James James Petley
Ok is it just me... I know the coats cost alot those are not my problem.. But christ the cards and all the the other items in this shop are major over priced... Chirst i would be scared to pay these.. Why is a deck of card s cost 30 bucks... that is crazy.. Are people stupid willing to pay these prices... Am i going to get - rep i am sure but why the fuck is this shit so expensive.

take a moment to think about it first. Think how many hours it takes to design all those cards for example, then have em made. If you get thousands of cards made theyll be cheap, but im pretty sure they dont sell 100 decks of cards a week...

Ok is it just me... I know the coats cost alot those are not my problem.. But christ the cards and all the the other items in this shop are major over priced... Chirst i would be scared to pay these.. Why is a deck of card s cost 30 bucks... that is crazy.. Are people stupid willing to pay these prices... Am i going to get - rep i am sure but why the fuck is this shit so expensive.

There is not reason to -Rep you... one important point tho is that the $25 price on the deck of cards (not $30) was set by Neverdie and will remain that price as long as he chooses it to be so. That is his exclusive product and many ppl have purchased cards over the past year at that same price.

As for the other products offered in the Entropia Outfitters shop, those prices match the prices on the website as closely as possible and do include shipping.

:)
darri

They are novelty items; and unless they're printed in someone basement on photo paper, I don't think they're that cheap to produce.

Also, the included shipping is a nice touch.

ok lets look at it this way. the price is high because it costs alot to print, why does it cost alot to print? they probably have to by precut blank cards to use and then have them printed out by a company or a special printer. the price would be lower if they owned a factory grade card cutting/painting/ect assembly line layout.

ok lets look at it this way. the price is high because it costs alot to print, why does it cost alot to print? they probably have to by precut blank cards to use and then have them printed out by a company or a special printer. the price would be lower if they owned a factory grade card cutting/painting/ect assembly line layout.

I actually looked this one up. You can get a custom deck (back and front) for under $10. Of course you'll need to order at least 10-20 as a minimum.

If you buy them in a large bulk (ie. 100 or more), then you can get them for roughly $5 a pack.

I think Norbert hit the nail on the head.
Norbert said:

Oh burn!!!

Really? Who knows, generally for smaller markets and "unique" items the price is high. I haven't looked at anything really, but I can guess all the prices are very high because they are novelties, and unfourtunately novelty item pricing doesn't follow a small markup on the cost... they just charge what they can.

Its like merchandise at a arena band performance. They all get their tshirts done by the same company and you can probably assume the shirts cost $5-$10 but they charge $20-$30. Its just how stuff is. I of course would never be caught buying any EU novelty items.. I gotta draw the line somewhere and I think thats it :).

Each card is unique in that it has a different avatar featured on each card. That means there are 54 different images uploaded and printed. I'm sure most manufacturers charge additional for each image, not to mention full color pictures. If you consider all that, not buying 100,000 decks at a time, including shipping and someone making a buck or two (god forbid that, huh?), it isn't that bad.
They are high quality decks.

I'd like to see a "Mob" deck with different EU creatures on them! (just an idea ;) )

Because they are probably produced:

1) Someone orders

2) http://www.plaincards.com/Store/sho...nk+Coatable+Playing+Cards+-+Both+Sides+Blank#

3) Press on on printer

4) Print

5) Wrap

6) Drive to post office, lick a stamp and send

Not really mass produced item. Imo it aint that expencive afterall - if you count the truble. Not that Id ever buy a deck @ that price, but it aint unjustified like some other items in that store :cool:

I.

P.S.

Please note probably which is underlined.

I personaly have not bought anything yet, i might in the future but who knows.

one way you need to look at this is....

atleast someone in the game is bothering there ass to make some novelty items for us Entropians, its not just the materials you pay for its the time they spend to get of their ass to actualy do this for other people.

be greatfull they are doing it, if you dont like it dont buy it ;)

im not flaming anyone here im just telling it like it is :deal:

I personaly have not bought anything yet, i might in the future but who knows.

one way you need to look at this is....

atleast someone in the game is bothering there ass to make some novelty items for us Entropians, its not just the materials you pay for its the time they spend to get of their ass to actualy do this for other people.

be greatfull they are doing it, if you dont like it dont buy it ;)

im not flaming anyone here im just telling it like it is :deal:

...nope, no one's hair is on fire! ;) u didn't "flame" anyone. Thanks for your feedback.

Hopefully we will win you over as a customer as we grow and offer additional products and services.

darri
:cool:

interesting . . .

having been in a few jobs that included "novelty items" . . . the creation and production of such items (pens, pads, sport venue padded seats and even wooden nickels - the list is endless!)

The merchandise that Entropia Outfitters offers is actually of very high quality, so the prices reflect that. They may seem like a "simple deck of cards" but the production and creation is comprised of a lot more than most people realize. Also, small quantity production will make the final product cost more . . and vise versa, but the demand is what dictates your quantity.

Perceived value is a trickey business in pricing your product, but there is rarely much discussion since the production costs determine the final price more than anything else.

It is normal for some to defer, purchases are a personal choice and the items have been selling . . .

The prices are comparable and soon I will be purchasing a shirt myself ;>
I do wish I had remembered to pre-order the last one ;p

jewels

;>

Back