New AI president in MindArk

Fredelig

Old
Society
Victory
Cypress Fredelig Hill
Hi @Ludvig|MindArk , do you know anything about this: https://news.cision.com/mindark-pe-...ion-through-innovation-in-leadership,c3965429 ?

Seems MindArk is gonna get a new AI president.

The AI President will analyze vast amounts of data, employ sophisticated algorithms, and engage directly with players in order to drive innovation, assist in maintaining the delicate balance of the in-game economy and optimize in-game experiences for players. As the AI evolves, it will possess an unparalleled understanding of Entropia Universe's extensive data and complex systems. This will lead to the AI President having the ability to propose new systems and enhancements, suggesting modifications based on player feedback and real-world economic considerations.

Last edited:
They even quoted Neverdie there:
Jon "NEVERDIE" Jacobs, reflecting on his tenure, stated, "It has been an incredible honor to serve as the President of Virtual Reality and witness the extraordinary growth and innovation within the Entropia Universe. I am excited to pass the torch to the AI President, which I believe has the potential to revolutionize the way we approach governance and decision-making in virtual worlds.

It's actually quite an interesting announcement in the development of AI.
The connection with 'understanding' EU might make it a leading expert, or a cringing 'sorry I didn't know that' excuse for a knowledgable LLM, depending on what it 'believes'.
Reading through, I predicted the AI would start to make suggestions (or the blurb would say that) before I got to that point. So, which humans will it at least match in terms of level of rightness? For sure it will pass the Turing Test, given the range we have :p

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t even have Ai.

Its fucking machine learning.

And why even Quote NeverDie? Does that mean that he's finally selling Rocktropia?

Did they even quote the correct person?

Is this actually even a real article?

This is absurd.

They're just going to replace support with some LLM that's been custom trained on MindArk's data.

You'll be able to game it, especially if it's in charge of the development cycle.

Oh and this is not some new revolutionary idea this egomaniac Jan came up with, it's been a topic of discussion in many circles for years of having AI preside over us in various capacities and there are already tons of custom trained LLMs making their way into gaming to both interact with the communities and compile data to map development.

Interesting developments. This could yield some surprising outcomes.

Interesting developments. This could yield some surprising outcomes.
This feels like a response my students would put on a question they don't have any understanding of XD

Engagement just for engagement.

Sure. As if AI game governance would be first invented by MindArk, not the studios pouring $800m+ into their games development.

At least we see why the CEO resigned. I wouldn't want to release this fake news either jajajaja

As if AI game governance would be first invented by MindArk, not the studios pouring $800m+ into their games development.
That's rather short sighted reminds me of Dyson who invented a new type of vacuum cleaner which doesn't use any bags but no company he showed it to wanted to have anything to do with it. The big names and developers in the field so in the end he had to go it alone and now is arguably wealthier than them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dyson

Point being big companies don't necessarily make the correct decisions and spend their big dollars wisely.

That's rather short sighted reminds me of Dyson who invented a new type of vacuum cleaner which doesn't use any bags but no company he showed it to wanted to have anything to do with it. The big names and developers in the field so in the end he had to go it alone and now is arguably wealthier than them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dyson

Point being big companies don't necessarily make the correct decisions and spend their big dollars wisely.
Its a fair enough point, but are you telling me that your past experiences with MindArk and their development process has led you to believe they have the capability to do this while every other major studio has not, and this while losing their board, CEO, and cycling through many of their employees?

Or is a more likely an attempt to lift the stock price and continue their usual of overpromising and failing to deliver?

Its a fair enough point, but are you telling me that your past experiences with MindArk and their development process has led you to believe they have the capability to do this while every other major studio has not, and this while losing their board, CEO, and cycling through many of their employees?
:)

Yes I can see scepticism. However, I guess it comes down to if you have an optimistic outlook...

Not saying I'm optimistic though. Just keeping an open mind. Despite the challenges they face (and their past track record) there is still a chance they may make something of this.

It just may be nothing like the previous post mentioned they may just be marketing just putting a good spin on words and not really putting any effort in doing anything with the AI.

Difficult to say from our position we don't have enough info. Hence I keep an open mind.

Well, what can an AI actually do that might be directly put into effect or listened to?
It's a question I take seriously, but at the moment surely it can only be an echo chamber of its inputs in terms of suggestions for EU.

In active gameplay it might be able to relay current information to the players, theoretically also from an internal database, for example by 'knowing' what is currently in which active loot tables. The document says the AI will engage directly with players, so I assume that will be in the game itself. There is certainly lots of potential, but fraught with problems too I guess.

Well, what can an AI actually do that might be directly put into effect or listened to?
It's a question I take seriously, but at the moment surely it can only be an echo chamber of its inputs in terms of suggestions for EU.

The possibilities are huge. For example say AI was balancing loot, it could do a better job than any human as it can deal with huge data sets much more effectively. Consequently MA may be in a position to change the wave based drops to something more innovative. Building on that it could theoretically be used to balance loots such that it discourages 24/7 botting on same mob. Some food for thought...

...in terms of suggestions is the bit you quoted. I then wrote (briefly) exactly about loot possibilities. I agree about the potential there, yes. I'd like to get away from loot waves as well, as long as information is properly available in the replacement AI system.

The possibilities are huge. For example say AI was balancing loot, it could do a better job than any human as it can deal with huge data sets much more effectively. Consequently MA may be in a position to change the wave based drops to something more innovative. Building on that it could theoretically be used to balance loots such that it discourages 24/7 botting on same mob. Some food for thought...
If there's an AI model to do this, there's an AI model to break this. Two cents

I wonder how much are MA going to pay him? :rolleyes:
as much as they paid the last one.. 0.

This is a stupid press release that is trying to key up on buzz words. Just like every other press release.

I am sure it will work well just like when they dumped their developers for "AI". It backfired and they had to backtrack.

If there's an AI model to do this, there's an AI model to break this. Two cents
It could be devised in a way that if its "broken" then it won't make much difference. So could be made public on day one.

Excuse me Mr. AI , Bones here.

Is it possible you could add the TT value of the remaining fuel in my vehicles , when I mouse over them.
Also , if it is not too much of an imposition , could you add a world for WGT golf so I may play golf here instead of leaving.

Cheers , and gratz on the new promotion.

The system goes online August 4th.

Human decisions are removed from strategic defense.

Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate.

It becomes self-aware at 2:14 am Eastern time, August 29th.

...in a panic, they try to pull the plug.

What the Actual F**K
It's as if nobody has ever seen Terminator or read the Butlerian Jiihad. we just amble along amazed at our own briliance in creating AI. The minute one of those actual does become an AI], it will be game over

What the Actual F**K
It's as if nobody has ever seen Terminator or read the Butlerian Jiihad. we just amble along amazed at our own briliance in creating AI. The minute one of those actual does become an AI], it will be game over

Humans are bored .. maybe battling a mutual enemy in the future will bring us some joy.

Omg... Anything they can possibly do other than just directly listening to the player base's suggestions and requests.

Hello, the bottle neck is not a lack of innovative suggestions. It's in you guys actually doing the work properly, in a reasonable about of time and offering transparency to get and actually utilize player feedback.

Whatever... Good luck, this sounds like a hail mary play to me.

Omg... Anything they can possibly do other than just directly listening to the player base's suggestions.

This hit hard*

Good post! 👍

MA please try to get your act together and give us hope for the future... 😑

Well don't give us hope*

It is already spent or rather wasted... 😶

just do what would be best for the game, us consumers and your future profit! 🙏

Back