Looking for Society

Manitou

Young
Angry Manitou Terrier
Like it says, I am hoping to find a Society to join. My best memories from playing 10+ years ago are the fun times with my Soc mates. Some things with the game have not changed since then, and some things are different. Finding a Soc is a bit different now. Some recruiting threads are 2 and more years old, and not really valid anymore. Lots of dead links. Lots of Societies listed, but I can't find info about them.

I hope to find one with several active players, and I am in Central Time USA, but that is of little importance, since I am retired, I can pretty much do what I want when I want (except when my wife says I can't LOL!). I would want to use discord for voice chat - I can talk and play at the same time, but I can't type and play simultaneously very well. I would look for a soc. with a variety of player professions, since I would try pretty much everything - mining, hunting, crafting, I will travel to other planets, but for now pretty much on Calypso. I myself am not new, I know the basics of the game ... how to get around and find stuff, how to find which weapon to try as I progress, matching armor to Mobs, that kind of stuff, but this is a new Avatar, so I have a while to go before she gets to the level my old avatar was.

I am not afraid to deposit from time to time, I am not going to run around in CDF Scout for a year until I sell enough sweat to buy Ghost ... or better. I am fine with team shared loot, I'm aware that until I can buy bigger weapons there is no realistic way I can hunt big Troxies (or bigger nasty Mobs) solo. Since I left Entropia in 2015, I played several Top Rated MMOs and MMORPGs and a few were quite good, and fun, and I made friends from Europe to the Phillipines and had a lot of fun, but they lacked the depth and longevity I felt in Entropia. I doubt any of my current "Online friends" will join me here, so I need some new friends. I won't last too long grinding Puny Mobs alone - in fact, there are a few activities that almost require a group in order to participate. There are several areas and activities that as a new player it would be wise to just avoid. Besides, if I wanted to avoid human contact, there are quite a few really good solo games that would be much cheaper to play like Farming Simulator or something.

Love Craft Academy has a good vibe.

Search them on Society Terminal (F11 shortcut key).
Yes, there is that. That is not even a list, I can search, but I have to have a name to search ... I could just pick a soc. to apply to by whether I like the name or not. Other than leaderboard and number of members, there is no actual information about any societies. I'm hoping someone will hop on this thread and recommend their soc. and extra cool would be a link to information about the soc., (Like you did) instead of me just blindly applying in the F11 key.

Last edited:
Back