ROCKtropia - MS9's Journal (Part 1)

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
Recently, the citizens of Calypso got the news that a new planet entered the outer corridor of Entropia Universe. On the very day of its arrival, many colonists ventured off to explore this planet called ROCKtropia. We knew that one of our own (Neverdie) had traveled to this new planet in hopes of building an environment that catered to artists in the music industry, as well as those of us who just like rocking our senses to the extreme. Neverdie's associations and connections within the entertainment field made him a prime candidate for establishing and developing an inhabitable planet that would eventually invite exploration. We were warned however, that this planet (like most others) would be home to an assortment of creatures, and survival would be no different than it is on Planet Calypso.

Despite being the adventurist, my plan was to give it a while prior to making the trip myself. I wanted to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly from our pioneer travelers. I remember traveling from Earth to Planet Calypso five years ago with much trepidation. My brother (Jetboy) had gone before me and gained enough knowledge and understanding of this new colony to pave the way for my eventual arrival. As with any new inhabited planet, there is a period of adjustment that takes place in order to learn the lay of the land and find that comfort zone. I am anticipating that ROCKtropia won’t be any different.

I am not planning to move there, but want to explore possibilities as it relates to expanding my own space travel experiences. Despite the fact that this new planet is still in its infancy, travel is being allowed so that we may get a glimpse of what there is, and perhaps what the future may hold for us as space travelers. There are those still wary of making the trip based on early reports, but I want to know and judge for myself as an independent just how it will all impact me as a participant in this ever-expanding universe.

I am leaving in the morning for ROCKtropia, but as I pack my bags, the early reports of my fellow Calypso citizens ring loud and clear, and not easy to ignore, just as others find them compelling. Many not so happy, but I want to keep an open mind and not go with the intention of comparing the new planet to Calypso, nor with the intent of being overly critical. This is a personal experience, and not from a news reporter’s perspective as in the past. Reporting the news for Entropia Universe was business, and now I want to see what this adventure will produce, and how it will affect me not only as a citizen of Calypso, but one who will continue to explore open space as it becomes available to us.

The Platinum Building at Treasure Island City seems rather quiet tonight. I wish the windows opened, even just a crack, so that I could listen to the sounds of the environment while falling asleep. I managed to bring a couple of soundscape CD’s from Earth with me, so I let those play for about an hour if I have trouble getting to sleep. I am rather excited about this new adventure and wish my brother was taking the trip with me, but he’s been busy with work and has had very little time to explore. However, I recently learned that he will once again have more free time and will be participating in our gatherings on Calypso … especially as they relate to my radio station. The MindStar Radio jukebox will continue to operate 24/7 while I’m gone, and I anticipate only being away for a couple of days.

My plan is to make one trip per week and write a journal entry for each experience complete with photos and any video footage I may capture. I have to be on Planet Calypso Friday nights for my MidNite Moods show and the Total Chaos Events on the Pier at Corinth Beach. This is the only brief trip I will make since it is later in the week, but going forward, every Monday I will travel to ROCKtropia for a few days to get a more entrenched flavor of this new planet.

For now … GNite ... and may all your experiences in space be memorable! :D

Last edited:
Inspirational stuff MS9!

I love the mindset you're taking to Rocktropia despite the bad press. I look forward to reading your journal entries and seeing what you uncover! Best of luck in your travels!

Last edited:
Love it,

Will look forward to your journeys.

C :)

Thank you Tim and Creature ... I decided that since it is so close to me having to be on the planet for my Friday night MidNite Moods show, I'm going to leave Saturday and spend a few days and write my first story entry next week. It doesn't make sense to spend a short period of time and have to turn right around and come back. This way I'm not stressing myself out, and I can take my leisure time exploring a bit before continuing the story.

I'm looking forward to it ... and making my own discoveries through the eyes of a Calypso traveler, rather than from a player's point of view. Despite being vocal and disenchanted, which was a good part of the reason I stepped back from EU nearly 6 months ago, there is good in this universe. The graphics are kick-ass, and there is much to explore in light of continuing game-play issues.

However ... it's always been about the community for me, and that's the main draw that has me more active. I will not become involved from a profession perspective again, but rather maintain a media approach with regard to providing fun and entertainment through in-world activities and my writing. It's what I'm most passionate about anyway, so it just makes perfect sense. I have great support from the community, and have for 5 years now, so that's what matters the most to me.

Anyway ... Part 2 of this continuing adventure will be posted the beginning of next week, and then I will do more exploration each week and continue writing from an open-minded, objective perspective, and as a Calypso resident exploring space. There's already enough player discussion about ROCKtropia, so this will be an in-character accounting and storyline, and nothing more. I'm going to have fun with it. :D

I look forward to reading it... especially after being there myself.... see ya Fri night!!!! :yay:

Oh god....

:laugh: ... are we hijacking my thread for prayer now? Oh and, everyone knows in EU it's ... "Oh Lootius" ... hope he doesn't do a drive-by. :D

I look forward to reading it... especially after being there myself.... see ya Fri night!!!! :yay:

Thanks Calli ... you're always fun to have in the mix, along with the other gazillion NBK supporters and their friends :silly2: We seem to keep growing as a result of the extended family with NBK, Irken Invaders, and many other great socs represented at MidNite Moods like branches of Wild D3amons ... especially the Alpha branch. :wtg:

See you Friday night :yay:

*but elsewhere before that* ;)

*sits patiently with legs crossed waiting for the next chapter* :D

*sits patiently with legs crossed waiting for the next chapter* :D

:D ... too bad it can't be downloaded to a Kindle, eh? :laugh: Thanks for tuning in, and also for joining us when you can on Friday nights, or any night we decide to get crazy. :silly2: We've been long-time friends (WAY back 1st generation CND era), and the friendship is appreciated. :hug:

As always, I look forward to your next posts; this interests me a lot.... been there already and formed an opinion.

As always, I look forward to your next posts; this interests me a lot.... been there already and formed an opinion.

Hey, nice to see you here too, thanks ... this is going to be fun because of the approach I'm taking, and it's going to be interesting to me too when comparing experiences. Game-play is so subjective, and I might add, valid for every person, but then there are always those specific areas that have a common effect on all of us, and that's where it's going to be interesting to compare the critical thinking part ... I love different perspectives. :D

Oh and, everyone knows in EU it's ... "Oh Lootius" ... hope he doesn't do a drive-by. :D

Haha, I think some of the return rates are causing people to see his parallel to Baal, in 1 Kings. "Cry aloud! Surely he is a god; either he is meditating, or he has wandered away, or he is on a journey, or perhaps he is asleep and must be awakened."

I think I've seen some of Elijah's words echoed verbatim on EntropiaForum toward Lootius. Hmmz. I think he may be losing some followers. :laugh:

...Or perhaps they just question his benevolence. Not sure which.

Last edited:
Oh MS9... :D

I look forward to reading your RT journal. It will be interesting to see your point of view after being there myself for a few days. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Oh MS9... :D

I look forward to reading your RT journal. It will be interesting to see your point of view after being there myself for a few days. :)

Cheers :beerchug:

Hey there my friend ... Part 2 has been posted. It's just the beginning of my exploration of course, and I will venture to the outskirts of City of Dreams sometime on Sunday and create my next journal entry from that experience. :D

Back