Rehabilitated Beacon Crew - (VIDEO)

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
On Saturday, May 31st ... there was supposed to be an "OreAmp-101 Crafting Contest" that JohnCapital was hosting, but I guess all the taunting I did in his thread scared them away, so it didn't take place. :( There's even a little crafting video there to show any intended competitors why they should definitely
"Fear the Purple" ... I'm sure they were intimidated. :silly2:

So instead of the crafting contest ... I said to JC ... let's get a crew together and head out on a 35 ped beacon mission. It didn't take us long to gather the motley crew (impressive btw), and we were off, but not before a much needed motivational session at Hades "C" ... you'll see what I mean ... and we ended up doing two 35 ped beacons. :wtg:

Not going to give too much away ... the beginning of the video is silent ... or will appear silent, it's building up, and when the music comes in, you will definitely recognize it. I used four different tracks in this video, but they all have their purpose. Just know that I've allowed the video footage to drive the storyline in this video, just as I did with the pics when I did the pic storylines. On that note ...

ENJOY!! :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_7Pcvk_HD0[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
:D lots of whipping in this video

Nice one MS9

:wtg: Great Video :wtg:

You missed out the....

JC - Ok leave the ones on the right
JC - Who just went to the right ???? ROccccckkkchiiiick Nooooooo

RC - Whooops sorry :ahh:

:D lots of whipping in this video

Nice one MS9

Yes there IS :silly2: ... but then those spontaneous moments must be taken advantage of when they are presented, and as anyone knows who spends a bit of time with me, I do my best to capture the most fun moments, and then let the pics or the video footage drive the story. :wtg:

I think ... that most know me well enough now, that if they are ever involved in an adventure, or event with me, that the more their personalities and senses of humor show, the more likely they will be captured and showcased. :silly2:

Glad you enjoyed the video! :D

To Rockchick ... oh ya, that's RIGHT ... well, I didn't forget about it, I was just being kind gurlfriend! ;) BUT ... since you mentioned it ... nice tagging of the double-team. :wtg:

great vid :)

what you mean you dont like sexy ? that's not what you were telling me :rolleyes::laugh:

just need to ad for others i got that punk ass slick after, him armoued me without, looks like bananaman had to meany of them beers from that frige of his that is 2ft away from his desc.

had a good time :)

Nice one, kick ass fun :D

Exilerating tunes btw ;)

*hic*

Wheres my BEER?

:yay: :drink:

Had a great time MS9, thanks for the invite!

Was great to meet all you guys as well!

That was a long but enjoyable Video ... Great Job MS9 :yay:

BTW the intro part was a masterpiece :laugh:

great vid :)

what you mean you dont like sexy ? that's not what you were telling me :rolleyes::laugh:

HEY ... you're not supposed to give that aWAY! :silly2: I thought that was OUR secret ... now the whole freakin' virtual universe knows! :rolleyes: :laugh: ... that was too fun a moment there at the TP Plonk. What makes pic and video storylines so great is when people cease a moment and play it out ... no choreography, no coaching, just plain spontaneity. :wtg:

just need to ad for others i got that punk ass slick after, him armoued me without, looks like bananaman had to meany of them beers from that frige of his that is 2ft away from his desc.

had a good time :)

Well ... I'm all too familiar with that fridge being 2 feet away from Slick's computer ... we go WAY back, and have spent many a time in voice chat in one medium or another, so it's not news to ME. ;) The "Bananaman" is one of my all time favorite virtual friends for sure, so I was particularly thrilled when he was available for the beacon mission.

Oh super ... I'm glad that you had a good time ... and also glad that you were able to join our impromptu nutbar group. It would be nice if you joined us again in future adventures if you're able, and it was fun having you in voice chat as well. ;)

*hic*

Wheres my BEER?

Had a great time MS9, thanks for the invite!

Was great to meet all you guys as well!

Beer my purple ass ... you already SAW how challenging it was for you in PvP, so I don't think you need any more beer my sweet friend. :silly2: ;) j/k

AND ... you didn't fool me for a MINUTE ... I knew it was you at the teleporter in the Shuttle Bay saying you needed a beer after Safara said that the beacon mission was exactly what we needed. :rolleyes: I was close enough to see you before you disappeared up to the next level. :D

On a serious note ... you're very welcome my dear ... it was SO nice to be back on voice chat with you and involved in some adventure. It's been a long time since we've had this much fun together, so I was extremely happy that you were available. Hopefully it won't be so long in between now and the next kick-ass romp in the virtual woods. :wtg:

Thanks again to the crew ... you guys were a HOOT ... what fun indeed ... except when I was trying to calculate loot stuff and you guys were throwing a variety of numbers out in my ear! :laugh:

Thanks again ALSO to JC ... for being yet again a great "Beacon Boss" ... although he said with the caliber of crew we had, he only needed to say "go get 'em" and knew the job would be done brilliantly ... he actually said that (or a reasonable fact similie) in voice chat. You brought your own style of humor into the mix my dear, so it was awesome that we could get this off the ground (no pun intended). :D

And guess what JC? ... it was all because I freaked out any would-be "OreAmp-101 Crafting Contest" competitors with my taunting in your thread ... not to mention the little video that showed them why they should "Fear the Purple" ... you may not get this one off the ground, but you have my support if you attempt it again. :silly2:

Hugs to everyone ... I had a super time! :yay:

Nice vid :) And beacon was fun cheers, not to mention all the regeneration fun its started off :laugh:

Nice vid :) And beacon was fun cheers, not to mention all the regeneration fun its started off :laugh:

Right ... I now officially call you the "Stat Man" ... at the end of the first beacon mission you jumped into that mode almost immediately. Sometimes you make my head spin my dear, but that's ok ... as long as there are people like you, I don't have to be concerned with the intricate details of my virtual universe ... all I have to do is have FUN!!! :yay: Already checked out your thread ... quite interesting ... but still makes my head swim. :laugh:

Thanks for joining us ... hope you can come along again sometime! :D

Heehee, giggling again :shucks:

Once again, nice vid.

As I sat here with my wife watching this vid, she says "MS9's such a HAM!"

She is oh so right. :D

It was tons of fun, MS9. Everyone did a great job. :handgun:

You have a great knack for getting groups of highly talented and fun people on the beacon runs.

So how the hell do I keep ending up on them? :scratch2:

;)

Once again, nice vid.

As I sat here with my wife watching this vid, she says "MS9's such a HAM!"

She is oh so right. :D

It was tons of fun, MS9. Everyone did a great job. :handgun:

You have a great knack for getting groups of highly talented and fun people on the beacon runs.

So how the hell do I keep ending up on them? :scratch2:

;)

Oh Oh ... "such a HAM" ?? :eek: ... in a GOOD way? (I hope) :silly2: ... that could be taken in different ways my dear. Tell your lovely wife to "splain" please! :laugh: To me, being a ham is a fun thing, because it means "being out there" enough to be able to throw caution to the wind and go for it without giving consideration to what other people think ... it's all about capturing that moment of fun for me. I like to showcase the creative and humorous side of people, because it makes it more entertaining. If I get caught up in the middle of it, then cool, if not, that's cool too. I'm very humble about my life in EU, and deeply appreciative of not only the opportunities that have presented themselves to me, but also the incredible friends I have acquired along the way.

Fun indeed ... that's my mission in EU ... FUN ... and I'll do anything to create it, and make sure that those who come along for the ride (not necessarily meaning beacons) will also enjoy themselves. I create fun ... it's what I've been doing since early 2005, and I'm always looking for new ways to kick it up a notch. :wtg:

And YES ... it's the people who drive the storylines because of their personalities and kick-ass senses of humor. It's not that I pick specific individuals, because I have a variety of friends, but rather people feeling comfortable enough to be spontaneous and not on guard, and going with the flow. That's what makes the moments so memorable, because they just unfold naturally, and believe it or not, I take my cues from those who participate.

For example ... I wanted everyone to line up at Hades "C" by the teleporter so that I could just get a group shot (footage), but then when one started doing the drunk emote, and then another, it presented one of those special moments that I try to stay in tune with. That's part of my task as one who tells the stories of these adventures ... I have to be plugged in so that I don't miss anything. Another example ... the meet up with Plonker at the TP on the beacon ... totally spontaneous, and these are the moments that drive the storytelling for me. I never know going in how it's all going to turn out, because I don't craft a storyline before the adventure or any event. I let it all unfold naturally, and then after reviewing pics or video footage, run with it, and let what is revealed to me inspire where I go with it.

I have to say ... that one thing I am extremely appreciative of, is the fact that people caught up in my web of fun and crazy antics, are really great sports, because I do take liberty with certain situations and enhance them in ways to make them more entertaining. Also, I have NO clue what music track(s) I'm going to use ahead of time, and I can tell you that it's one of the hardest parts of putting a video together for me.

Don't sell yourself short ... you are a fun guy, especially on voice chat ... and besides ... you make a great "Beacon Boss" ... for which I am grateful, because then "I" don't have to deal with it. :laugh: I had to smile BIG when I saw a particular part of the video in the beginning ... it was when we were preparing for the mission ... and the point at which I said that you would be taking over as the "Beacon Boss" again ... it was as if you truly heard me (in the video), because you immediately stopped dancing and stood tall, like you were ready to take on the task. I couldn't script anything better than that, and I get SO lucky with video footage and music ending up in sync in so many ways without actually trying. It's easy to tell where the transitions are, and where the music just fits so perfectly in an ongoing piece of footage that hasn't been edited.

Ok, I'm rambling again ... but that's just me ... I get excited about my experiences in EU, and when those experiences include such wonderful friends, it just delights me even more.

Now walking away from the computer! :wise: *ya, right*

Oh Oh ... "such a HAM" ?? :eek: ... in a GOOD way? (I hope) :silly2:

Yes, in a good way. :nana:

EDIT:
However, looking @ the vid again, I'd have shown the 2nd SEG going down.

Just something about seeing a nice big mob go down before it even reaches ya that just never gets old :D

Last edited:
Great vid!!!! :yay::wtg::yay::wtg::yay::wtg::yay:

Yes, in a good way. :nana:

EDIT:
However, looking @ the vid again, I'd have shown the 2nd SEG going down.

Just something about seeing a nice big mob go down before it even reaches ya that just never gets old :D

Whew! :silly2: ... and ya, you're right ... there's something energizing about watching a big-ass mob going down before it gets in your face. :D I'm hoping that the marathon I'll be hosting for the WoF Team Amethera group will provide something interesting. The two 35 pedders we're doing are both off Amethera ... one being East of Memorial Island, and the other one again SE of Nate's, which should prove interesting.

One thing's for sure ... I won't have to be without my trusty "Beacon Boss" since you were part of the WoF Team Amethera group. :yay: So hopefully, you will be available next Sunday on the 8th ... I think we're shooting for 19:00 as launch time.

Catch up with you soon! :wtg:

Back