Mob Damage Information

Xen

Mutated
Society
AO
Xendar Xen Xal
Could you please just list mob damage information when scanning mobs?

Example:

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Attack #1:
AOE: No
Range: 10m
Max Damage: 200
Impact: 50%
Acid: 50%

Attack #2:
AOE: Yes
Range: 50m
Max Damage: 1000
Burn: 100%

• Hi Xen. We have something like that in mind for both scanning and the Codex to provide relevant information in order for you as a player to make a decision. We have not prioritized this as of now but you might see something after the UI update. However, this is not something we can promise.
- Dennis Antonsson

Having dmg implemented in codex as well as being able to add specific waypoints in codex for that specific mob would be super helpful. Then you could for example make 3 different waypoints for one mob but of different maturity etc.

When it comes to Codex they could implement a lot of related info (some at least in theory), even the loot table.

If loot table were included it should have three different status for each thing we can loot:
Unlocked - when something haven't been looted yet on a personal level
Info - info about things we have looted
Undiscovered - non have looted this yet so I guess same status something have before someone got a globals about it.

As soon as they do changes to things we have looted it should go to status Updated until we open UI.

Having dmg implemented in codex as well as being able to add specific waypoints in codex for that specific mob would be super helpful. Then you could for example make 3 different waypoints for one mob but of different maturity etc.
I like the waypoints thingy. But they should be added to your codex only after you have discovered that specific spawn on the map, not automatically have all spawns revealed. The exploration part is still a big plus of this game and it sticks in your memories many years later. I still remember my exploration days over 15 years ago... it was an awesome experience.

If MA give us everything on a plate, damage types, waypoints, rewards known in advance etc what is there left to discover for ourselves. As Evey said, for many of us discovery is a big part of what helps EU avoid being just another shoot-em-up game. Frankly I would like to see more things that make us think for ourselves and far less spoon-feeding. Yes players later share info, but isn't that what helps us make friends and in game bonds

Reactions: Geo
  • Hi Xen. We have something like that in mind for both scanning and the Codex to provide relevant information in order for you as a player to make a decision. We have not prioritized this as of now but you might see something after the UI update. However, this is not something we can promise.
- Dennis Antonsson

I think you should definitely think about putting the dmg % types in the codex. You want players to own several sets of armor right? Letting us know, rather than having to use tedious testing :zzz: to attempt to work it out is soooo 2010. No one does these tests any more, or if they do, they no longer share the information on this forum.

It's a win/win situation. :thumbup:____________________________________________VVV because you can see for yourself how many we know for sure.

Revive SCANNING!
The more you scan a mob, the MORE ACCURATE results you get on all mob specific stats.

Beginner levels of scanning reveal some basic stats like
  • Attributes
  • spawn waypoints

Advanced levels of scanning reveal more detailed stats like
  • Attack types
  • Damage types (no ratio)
  • spawn waypoints with maturity

Professional levels of scanning then can reveal increasingly accurate numbers for
  • Damage distribution (hit ratio for foot/shins/harness/...)
  • Damage type distribution (now with ratio)
  • spawn waypoints with maturity and density
  • etc...

Master level experience in fighting a mob (combination of scans AND total numbers killed), knowing about the mobs weak spots should reward in knowledge about the mob with certain codex entries like
  • revealing this or that
  • increasing the chance for a critical hit
  • increasing the chance to evade
  • spawn waypoints with maturity and density and alien mob pollution

An absolute number of successful scans (which isnt irrationally high) to reveal a certain stat would be nice, so everybody can complete his codex for a certain mob.
Scan success should be relative to mob level vs. professional level.

I like the waypoints thingy. But they should be added to your codex only after you have discovered that specific spawn on the map, not automatically have all spawns revealed. The exploration part is still a big plus of this game and it sticks in your memories many years later. I still remember my exploration days over 15 years ago... it was an awesome experience.
If MA give us everything on a plate, damage types, waypoints, rewards known in advance etc what is there left to discover for ourselves. As Evey said, for many of us discovery is a big part of what helps EU avoid being just another shoot-em-up game. Frankly I would like to see more things that make us think for ourselves and far less spoon-feeding. Yes players later share info, but isn't that what helps us make friends and in game bonds

Yeah of course it's a thing that evolves with discovering, and scanning etc. Even damaged should be more precis thru time as the avatar learns how much damage it takes from specific mobs etc. The possibilities are endless?

Yeah of course it's a thing that evolves with discovering, and scanning etc. Even damaged should be more precis thru time as the avatar learns how much damage it takes from specific mobs etc. The possibilities are endless?
Such as having pieces of information (e.g. partial damage type info) revealed over time with codex progress.

I think you should definitely think about putting the dmg % types in the codex. You want players to own several sets of armor right? Letting us know, rather than having to use tedious testing :zzz: to attempt to work it out is soooo 2010. No one does these tests any more, or if they do, they no longer share the information on this forum.

It's a win/win situation. :thumbup:____________________________________________VVV because you can see for yourself how many we know for sure.

I have tested quite a few mobs between 2017 and 2019 and shared the results here and on the Monria forum. Truth be told, I quite enjoy doing these tests, but they are not as important as they used to be mostly since the popularity of the Adjusted Resto chip / Viceroy combo. People just heal the damage that they don't know and can't be bothered with the minutia these days, they just wanna shoot things.

I always thought that knowledge should give a player an edge over another player that lacks that knowledge, but it seems that this is become less and less true as Entropia evolves.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Not sure. I would be in favor of MA adding *some* info, like for example, whether the mob is mostly a Ranged damage mob or a Close damage mob, but I don't think that giving the full exact distribution of damage types is the best way to go.

Great ideas here... More scanning lvls should give us more info :)

I agree, getting information about mob damage in either scanning or codex would be a very welcome change which I think should merit a higher priority than it currently does.

:twocents:

Back